The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   RKBA & Legal (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   NRA,JPFO,NAGR,GOA,SAF--who gets my money? (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282121)

jimmbob February 09, 2010 15:39

NRA,JPFO,NAGR,GOA,SAF--who gets my money?

Well, my NRA membership needs renewal. I've heard some good and an equally amount of bad reports on them concerning protecting our real 2A rights. NAGR is sending out alerts and wanting money. Some say they are just a scam. SAF has apparently sued E. Holder. Then there's GOA and JPFO. Which one of these is the most effective and legit group where my money would do the most good? Too bad all these groups don't join forces and have just ONE strong force. "United We Stand":fal:

Manedwolf February 09, 2010 16:05

GOA is Larry Prattle's soapbox for insane conspiracy theories, and he just makes up stuff and thinks nobody will call him on it. He'll pull random bits out of state laws and include them in a rant about pending federal legislation, as if there wasn't a web to fact check on. Waste of your money.

Jason762 February 09, 2010 16:10

CalGuns might be a worthy one.

They're working to free California from it's inane gun laws.

You won't get a magazine or sticker or anything, but they've got an awesome forum :biggrin:

Good luck whomever you go with. If it were me and I couldn't/wouldn't donate to the CalGuns Foundation, I'd go with JPFO

Jason

cowbilly February 09, 2010 16:15

I support them all. NRA is bigger than all of them combined, that is who Washington DC pays close attention to.

I wish they would unite, they all have their specialties. NRA needs to be more aggressive, some of the others are aggressive but don't have the pull the NRA does.

As long as you are in the fight, that is what really matters.

jimmbob February 09, 2010 17:54

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been doing a lot of research and am leaning towards SAF(Second Ammendment Foundation).

http://www.saf.org/

This organization seems to be VERY active in the fight for our rights and have begun and/or participated in lawsuits(as the above link shows) all over the U.S. to defend our 2A rights. One of their 7 "Board of Trustees" is Massad Ayoob. The organization was founded in 1974.:fal: What the heck, I think I'll renew my NRA at the minimum donation and let them know(not that they will get the message) why most of my contribution is going to the SAF.:fal:

J_Reb February 10, 2010 02:01

Re: NRA,JPFO,NAGR,GOA,SAF--who gets my money?

Quote:

Originally posted by jimmbob
Well, my NRA membership needs renewal. I've heard some good and an equally amount of bad reports on them concerning protecting our real 2A rights. NAGR is sending out alerts and wanting money. Some say they are just a scam. SAF has apparently sued E. Holder. Then there's GOA and JPFO. Which one of these is the most effective and legit group where my money would do the most good? Too bad all these groups don't join forces and have just ONE strong force. "United We Stand":fal:

Don't waste your money on the "wolf in sheep's clothing" NRA. I'd go with GOA & JPFO or any of the other's that refuse to compromise.

I know a lot of people refuse to believe that the NRA is the enemy, but facts are facts, they have a long history of supporting 2nd Amendment violating "laws". Just review the articles listed below (note that the first article contains excerpts from a 1968 American Rifleman).

http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3247
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/infor...em.asp?ID=3250

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/03/10/15/gaddy.htm

http://www.infowars.com/articles/2nd...up_to_pass.htm
http://www.ammoland.com/2010/02/01/n...mcdonald-case/

http://www.strike-the-root.com/81/knight/knight1.html

"A nation can survive its fools and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and he carries his banners openly against the city. But the traitor moves among those within the gates freely, his sly whispers rustling through all alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears no traitor; he speaks in the accents familiar to his victim, and he wears their face and their garments and he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation; he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of a city; he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to be feared. The traitor is the plague." ~ Cicero

Conservatism's history has been that it demurs to each aggression of the progressive party, and aims to save its credit by a respectable amount of growling, but always acquiesces at last in the innovation. What was the resisted novelty of yesterday is today one of the accepted principles of conservatism; it is now conservative only in affecting to resist the next innovation, which will tomorrow be forced upon its timidity and will be succeeded by some third revolution, to be denounced and then adopted in its turn. American conservatism is merely the shadow that follows Radicalism as it moves forward to perdition. It remains behind it, but never retards it, and always advances near its leader. This pretended salt hath utterly lost its savor: wherewith shall it be salted? Its impotency is not hard to explain. It is worthless because it is the conservatism of expediency only, and not of sturdy principle. It tends to risk nothing serious for the sake of truth' ~ Robert Lewis Dabney

Retired Bum February 10, 2010 03:12

I'm a NRA Life Member and have been since 1970. They were first and will still be around when the others fold up someday.

But I quit giving my money to the NRA a few years ago. I used to send them about $25 on average three to four times a year. That is the equivalent of what my NRA Life Membership cost me back then. But when you donate money to the NRA or others like it, the more you give the more they want. I live on a Civil Service Annuity and can only spare so much cash. I finally quit donating money to the NRA when I was getting requests almost every week. Then they really pissed me off when they sent me a certified letter that I had to go to the main post office in town to sign for. You guessed it, another request for money.

I have received junk mail from them wanting me to sign up for some sort of health insurance, credit cards, gun owner insurance, etc, etc. Enough already. The NRA I joined as a 21 year young man back in 1967 isn't the same NRA of today.

Sorry for the rant. But sometimes the NRA really does seem to go out of its way to alienate its members.

And so it goes.

The Retired One

jimmbob February 10, 2010 04:41

Quote:

Originally posted by Retired Bum

Sorry for the rant. But sometimes the NRA really does seem to go out of its way to alienate its members.

Exactly why I let my NRA membership die many years ago. Excessive junk mail and relentless phone calls. Joined back up last year because I felt the need to help support our rights. I now feel the need to support an organization who makes better use of the donated money and represents us better.

Heat February 13, 2010 12:52

Send that money to me--I need ammo!

ftierson February 19, 2010 03:40

Send your money to JPFO...

Forrest

GOVT1911 February 20, 2010 15:15

NRA gets the minimum from me ONLY. I give what I can to JPFO and SAF. In fact, SAF is on the yearly CFC donation drive and they get my $$ every year.

Jaxxas February 20, 2010 15:34

NRA and GOA, I should look at those others though. I hate all the spam that comes with the NRA too, but in the battle for gun rights, the only real vote that counts is your dollar that gets spent on Washington lobbying.You can bet the Brady Bunch spends a bundle on DC lobbying.

Jimi X. March 01, 2010 12:21

I support The NRA!.
And to make it easy, use an NRA credit card, from which they will receive a percentage.

Who do you want to support? When the known anti-Second Amendment tools in Congress speak, whom do they criticize?....The NRA!

They fear, and blame The NRA! when they do not get their way.

So are you going to support some small, garage and basement pro gun group that will never earn criticism from the gun grabbers?

Who do you think Schumer, Boxer, Feinstein, Rangel, ect. fear?

Retired Bum, if you don't want the spam, all you have to do is call the NRA and ask to be removed from the mailing list!!!!!!!!

owlcreekok March 01, 2010 13:12

Or, as an alternative, buy a couple ink cartridges for your printer (or just a new printer, about the same price.

Buy a ream of paper.

Write all your local, state and federal electeds about once per quarter.

You'll have paper left over.

I do all the above as well as remain a voting, endowment NRA member, a member of the JFPO and a loudmouth.

thedrickel March 01, 2010 14:02

The NRA has shown its true colors by asking for divided time in the McDonald case. My money will go to the SAF and Calguns Foundation . . . the ones that fight the most on the front lines of the battle.

Illurian00 March 01, 2010 14:51

If competion improves the breed,, the NRA can use some competition. To my mind their primary concern is maintaining a 'seat at the table'. When I consider the Neal Knox era, and how his passing was barely acknowledge by that organisation, I have come to conclude that NRA is mostly 'sound and fury'. As an organisation , they wanted him dead buried and forgotten. At the subsequent national convention, they had no intention of even mentiong his passing. The only reason NRA even got in the fight is that Knox whipped them forward. In the aftermath of his administration of NRA, and since his passing, their actions and performance have been suspect, or at least fallen short too many times.
Perhaps the essential difference between NRA as compared to GOA, SAF et'al..., is that NRA always seems to accept 'reasonable infringements', the 'others' make a distinction of being uncompromising on the 2AM. I think it's a real, and important difference.

As for Shumer & Co. "fearing the NRA", I don't think so. Our fearless leaders have little respect for the 'flannel shirt brigade' in general. When led by NRA, 'reasonable infringements' can always be accomplished. As a group, fudds (especially), and too many gun owners, are complacent, indifferent, selfish, ignorant and cowardly. Just another segment of society, but w/ a noisey hobby.
If the thought of angering the 'gun vote' gave the ruling clas the wobbles, I doubt we would be in the place we are in now.

ftierson March 01, 2010 16:34

Who published Lethal Laws, detailing the connection between the 1968 Gun Control Act and the Nazi Gun Control act of 1938 (and who did it in this country), and the further connection between gun control and genocide?

Who published The State vs The People: The Rise of the American Police State, which pretty much explains what's been happening in this country over the past several decades?

Who produced Innocents Betrayed, linking gun control with genocide and making the video available over the web for free?

Who produced 2A Is Good for You and the USA, explaining the real reasons for the 2nd Amendment and why it's still important, and made the video available for free over the web?

Who produced No Guns for Negroes , in which the racist basis for gun control is exposed, and made the video available for free over the web?

The NRA...!

Oh, wait, my mistake...

It wasn't the NRA after all, but JPFO...

While I am also a member of the NRA, the NRA just sends me scores of fund-raising letters and gun-lottery letters and life insurance ads and car insurance ads and such shit on my membership dime and pays it's top officials very comfy and very large salaries on my membership dime...

When it comes to donating money, guess who gets mine?

Forrest

flint_knapper March 01, 2010 18:30

Quote:

Originally posted by ftierson
Send your money to JPFO...

Forrest

X2