The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Shotgun Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=152)
-   -   What do you all think? (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=410976)

Boomerdownsir February 12, 2017 18:59

What do you all think?

I've been looking at Ithaca's for a while but I can't stand the engravings, found this on GB, too high? I was just going to save for a new one but something about having an original is making me stare too much at this. There will be more, right? http://www.gunbroker.com/item/620267909

pjpjr February 14, 2017 01:03

Hard to beat the Ithaca 37 in any form!
I personally own several and love them, something about the older "nostalgia" of these fine shotties!!

denny February 19, 2017 23:35

Ithica

The new guns do not have the interrupter - That sucks.
I want a DS Police , Great guns.
Denny

yovinny February 20, 2017 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by denny (Post 4376739)
The new guns do not have the interrupter - That sucks.
I want a DS Police , Great guns.
Denny

??

Do you mean the newer guns have a disconnector in the trigger group and require the trigger be released and pulled for each shot (wont slam fire) or is this 'interrupter' some new fangled shotgun thing I'm missing out on...:?

BTW,,,I think the price is kind of high...I passed on it's twin not long ago, tagged at $295.

Bawana jim February 20, 2017 11:10

Years ago I owned a Deer slayer Ithaca that was just the best pump,shotgun ever. It did have one serious problem in that it would spill out the loaded rounds as you shot it. Hunting Jacks you would pump one in and the rest would puke out the bottom. Just a spring and an easy fix if you have a gunsmith but still a problem.

denny February 21, 2017 01:48

Ithica

No slam fire on the new guns .
Love the old Ithica 37s ,Model 97 Winchester and Model 12 Winchesters.
Hold onto the trigger and keep pumping.
You can put a lot of lead in the air quick.
Denny

Falcon February 21, 2017 18:57

I think the one in the auction looks to be in rough condition for the money. Bought a USN marked one for $300 a month or so ago.

Boomerdownsir February 23, 2017 07:43

The hunt continues then, I was trying to nab both a Winchester 97 and model 37. Lost the 97 by 10 bucks while I was sleeping and let the 37 go. The time will come soon enough. I have all this ammo sitting around that I bought up on sale but no shotgun to run it through haha! Maybe I should just finish the STG build I've been sitting on for over a year.

Timber Wolf February 23, 2017 08:55

Picked up an ancient but unhurt DS Police Special several years ago and put it up as it was not smooth at all. Finally took it to my gunsmith bud's shop and we tore it down and cleaned 40+ years of crud out of the action. Man, what a difference! It will sling lead as fast as you can pump.:). Me likee it a lot.

yovinny February 23, 2017 11:25

Marlin 98' is a good one too, almost like winny 97' but different.
Years ago they could be found cheaper then 97's, but that may be different today since the 'always cheaper than Winchester' Marlins have become rare collector guns...:|

hokey45 February 25, 2017 19:34

Out of all the various shotguns I own/have owned, an Ithaca 12 gauge has become my goto gun for airborne targets. Slick action, trim dimensions, milled steel, what's not to like?

fal762 March 07, 2017 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by yovinny (Post 4378662)
Marlin 98' is a good one too, almost like winny 97' but different.
Years ago they could be found cheaper then 97's, but that may be different today since the 'always cheaper than Winchester' Marlins have become rare collector guns...:|

Not sre about the 98s but the Marlin 93 bolt could come flying out the back of the action. Detrimental to one's facial characteristics :uhoh: