The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Demcrates get control of the House or the Senate... (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=432693)

2barearms October 07, 2018 16:27

Demcrates get control of the House or the Senate...

So if the Dems somehow manage to get control of the House they could spend spend the next 2 years impeaching Kavanaugh and Trump. This would effectively shut down the government.

If the senate were to flip we would not get another judge thru it, which is very likely to happen.

Could Trump declare a state of emergency?

meltblown October 07, 2018 16:45

They never could get 2/3 of the senate. So impeachment is not going to happen. I get a good however cautious feeling this is going to be a very bad next 2 years for the commies. Helicopter rides or soaring off of tall buildings if ya get my drift. I’m sure Trump has Rosenpuke and Sessions squarely in his crosshairs either way. He wouldn’t have to appoint a new AG or number 2 for the rest of his term

tdb59 October 07, 2018 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2barearms (Post 4642652)
So if the Dems somehow manage to get control of the House they could spend spend the next 2 years impeaching Kavanaugh and Trump. This would effectively shut down the government.

And that would be bad ?

:biggrin:

meltblown October 07, 2018 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdb59 (Post 4642669)
And that would be bad ?

:biggrin:

Yep I thought the same. He can do EOs just like bathhouse boy

Bawana jim October 07, 2018 18:32

Only way the democrat's can win is if the election is fixed. They screwed the pooch by going after Trump with a phoney dosier and then trying to make a judge who has spent 12 years on the bench of the second highest court in the land a gang rapist. Even democrats can see their own party is a bunch of liars but they stand together.

Retired Bum October 07, 2018 19:05

Don't ever forget that the Republicans have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They have done it so many times in the last 50 odd years and have it down to an art by now.

I want to see the GOP pick up two or three seats in the Senate. And maybe ten to twelve seats in the House. Could this happen? Yes, but will it happen? Probably not....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

Bawana jim October 07, 2018 19:57

The media is 90% leftist so of course people think we are losing, that's what the media prints. Sure fire way to know the real truth is given to you all the time by Trump himself and it's the same way you could tell he was going to win the presidency. Just look at the crowds he has where ever he goes, there is the truth.

G1user October 07, 2018 20:06

even if they pull off rigging the election and claim the results for giving the jackass fascist mob rule party control of DC,
the jackass fascist mob rule party is going to contest in court every single seat they lose regardless of what number of ballots are counted -- the only "fair result" they will ever accept is the result where they win everything, exclusively.

given the recent reckless conduct demonstrated by the senior leadership of the DNC, the jackass party being handed power in the mid terms is unacceptable.

hkshooter October 08, 2018 07:45

It's not going to happen so I'm not going to entertain the what-ifs.

TenTea October 08, 2018 08:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkshooter (Post 4642863)

My thought, also, but....

Never underestimate an electorate who voted Obamanation...twice!

357ross October 08, 2018 09:55

Election fraud will be the order of the day next month so don't get too comfortable just yet.

Impala_Guy October 08, 2018 10:04

I seriously doubt the Democraps will win the Senate now. Manchins seat is probably safe but not Heitkamp. Manchin may flip to the GOP anyway.

JM October 08, 2018 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 357ross (Post 4642894)
Election fraud will be the order of the day next month so don't get too comfortable just yet.

That's exactly right--the cheating will be at an all time high by the demonrats if there is an election. The rats know it is a high noon showdown and it is they that will take the bullet to the heart so the only way for these cowards to survive is to create a false flag so bad and nasty as to postpone the elections.

V guy October 08, 2018 10:41

We have smoke, but no fire or brass in the conflict yet.

It was pointed out recently, that Schumer and the Democrats declared war on all Republicans after the 2000 election; they formed ACORN, arguably and stole the 2008 and 2012 elections from us, using multiple voters--snowflake and BLM types..probably 5 million bogus votes.

This is as real a war, as them shooting at us right now.
They intend to destroy anyone who becomes visible, and is a high profile target for them.

Laws drive them crazy, like the voter ID project and deportation of illegals.
They are Fidel Castro, without guns.

Time to get serious about them? Only voting and reliable news outlets can keep them at bay for the time being.

Bawana jim October 08, 2018 11:29

They can only win if the election is corrupt, counting the votes will tell the truth.

G1user October 08, 2018 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4642940)
They can only win if the election is corrupt, counting the votes will tell the truth.

they are going to count the votes, to get a fair result:

a fair result is of course the result where the leftists win.

the left is going to cheat their asses off, they will not stop, they must be stopped.

Bawana jim October 08, 2018 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1user (Post 4643012)
they are going to count the votes, to get a fair result:

a fair result is of course the result where the leftists win.

the left is going to cheat their asses off, they will not stop, they must be stopped.

Its when they fug up and there are more votes than people registered.:wink:

bubbagump October 08, 2018 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4643029)
Its when they fugging up and there are more votes than people registered.:wink:

They do this all the time. Hasn't phukked 'em up yet. So no, gonna take a bit more than that I think. Don't know what it will take but simply having 200% of the registered voters hit the polls ain't gonna be nearly enough.

Bawana jim October 08, 2018 15:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubbagump (Post 4643032)
They do this all the time. Hasn't phukked 'em up yet. So no, gonna take a bit more than that I think. Don't know what it will take but simply having 200% of the registered voters hit the polls ain't gonna be nearly enough.

Going to be an interesting election, whiskey will be had at my house:whiskey::bow:

G1user October 08, 2018 16:00

this mid term reckoning is not an election, it is a decision to cease tolerating this shit.

Dinesh shreds the comiie bitch demanding abrogation of the electoral college to subjugate small states to the commie rule of NY and CA mobs:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ozx2Xl6G8rs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

EinheitElf October 08, 2018 16:31

I hate people with hyphenated last names,especially in politics,means one thing..they want to pander to multiple ethnicities,religions and other bullshit.. basically slimeballs that are only in it for personal gain,ego stroking...or other types of self stroking or sucking...:redface:

BEEEAAAOOTTCH!!!!

yellowhand October 08, 2018 17:12

If the Clinton machine could not put HRC into the Oval office, well, they are cheaters, but they ain't that good at it lately.:rofl:

1200 plus lost political seats is proof of that over past 8/9 yrs.

The crazier the dimwits get, just more of our folks voting come November.

Two wild cards.

Trump is on the campaign trail.

Many/most of the leftist know they lost, lost big time, and talk of impeachment is simply crazy talk, not going any where, so many of them give up, stay home, pissed at the dimwits for not producing for them.

If the R's had not got Judge K onto the bench, how many conservatives would have stayed home this November????

Just vote this November, then crack open a good bottle and enjoy election night.:rofl:

G1user October 08, 2018 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowhand (Post 4643062)
...Trump is on the campaign trail....

not a wild card, a paradigm shift.

if you had been paying attention, then you would understand that Trump2016 was the red pill that america desperately needed, shoved right up their ignorant asses, right where it needed to be, gave it to them good and hard.

as distinct from Trump2018-- DJT is now the head of the Trump party:
in less than two years, Trump has administrated the implosion of the jackass/bolshevik party, and has also produced the inevitable new replacement for the dead elephant party the RINOs abandoned, and there is no end in sight.

generation z is shaping up to be the most conservative generation in american history since WW1, set to make up ~32% of the population, they will be voting for the Trump party in 2020--
generation Y and Z both know very well that the jackass party and the dead elephant party fuked everyone over just so the boomers could bury all their kids in endless, unsustainable debt.

that reckoning is here, now.
payback is a bitch.

357ross October 08, 2018 20:00

The wildcard is democraps seem to be much better at learning from their mistakes than republican'ts are. That means the cheating gets more effective. Hitlery was just sloppy, arrogant, and complacent and her campaign showed that, but the democrap party should never be underestimated. There is also a lot of foreign interest and money behind them, and unlike republican'ts, they never surrender or accept defeat. Just my 2 cents worth.

Bawana jim October 08, 2018 20:15

Just one kali DMV registered 23,000 illegal voters.

https://ktla.com/2018/10/08/californ...-non-citizens/

"The Newport Beach resident, who has a green card and is married to a U.S. citizen, was one of some 1,500 people who the California Department of Motor Vehicles said on Monday were wrongly registered to vote between late April and late September. These errors, which included other non-citizens, are in addition to the*roughly 23,000 registration mistakes disclosed by the DMV last month."

medicmike October 08, 2018 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4643153)
Just one kali DMV registered 23,000 illegal voters.

https://ktla.com/2018/10/08/californ...-non-citizens/

"The Newport Beach resident, who has a green card and is married to a U.S. citizen, was one of some 1,500 people who the California Department of Motor Vehicles said on Monday were wrongly registered to vote between late April and late September. These errors, which included other non-citizens, are in addition to the*roughly 23,000 registration mistakes disclosed by the DMV last month."

That is just "Motor Voter" working as planned.....

martin35 October 09, 2018 14:20

It will take a miracle for Liberals to not take the House,,, Reagan had a divided Congress and still was successful,,, he took his case to the people,,, yes who else does the same thing every day with Tweets ?
I'm not tired of winning just tired of Tweets as a steady diet,,, I'm never Tweeted in my life,,, I only post on these forums to relieve stress and sexual tension, I am very principled .
That's my excuse,,, what's yours ?

goon October 10, 2018 13:36

Quote:

If the senate were to flip we would not get another judge thru it, which is very likely to happen.

Itís called American government. Representative democracy. People elect representatives and senators. Someone wins, someone loses, life goes on until the next one. We canít cheer about loving the Constitution, then tear it up at the first hint that we might not like the outcome of one election.

Bawana jim October 10, 2018 13:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643919)
Itís called American government. Representative democracy. People elect representatives and senators. Someone wins, someone loses, life goes on until the next one. We canít cheer about loving the Constitution, then tear it up at the first hint that we might not like the outcome of one election.

If both sides live by the constitution then no big deal when our votes differ. It's when one side will not follow it that the problems exist. An election just changes the interpetation of the constitution by each party but when a party ignores the laws we have tyranny. Elections don't change our rights, those rights are god given and guaranteed by the constitution.

G1user October 10, 2018 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4643922)
...when a party ignores the laws we have tyranny...

and when the populace ignores that tyranny, then you have subjects.

Bawana jim October 10, 2018 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1user (Post 4643929)
and when the populace ignores that tyranny, then you have subjects.

In the end it's all about who owns the law. Either the people have to reaffirm the constitution or live under communism. That day when the people make the choice is comming.

easttex October 10, 2018 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkshooter (Post 4642863)

It will some day. Political winds shift. Pendulums swing back the other way sooner or later.

And that's precisely the thought that keeps me awake at night.

goon October 10, 2018 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4643922)
If both sides live by the constitution then no big deal when our votes differ. It's when one side will not follow it that the problems exist. An election just changes the interpetation of the constitution by each party but when a party ignores the laws we have tyranny. Elections don't change our rights, those rights are god given and guaranteed by the constitution.

The Constitution literally defines our government - part of it is a bicameral legislature. House of Representatives and the Senate. The Senate isnít chosen by state legislatures anymore (which may have been a mistake because it removed a check on tyranny by the mob), but still - we elect both houses. If the People choose a legislature you and the president donít like, and you and the president take action to thwart those elected bodies from governing, then you are quite literally subverting the Constitution.

You canít say you respect the Constitution except when the party you donít like wins an office.

Bawana jim October 10, 2018 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643939)
The Constitution literally defines our government - part of it is a bicameral legislature. House of Representatives and the Senate. The Senate isnít chosen by state legislatures anymore (which may have been a mistake because it removed a check on tyranny by the mob), but still - we elect both houses. If the People choose a legislature you and the president donít like, and you and the president take action to thwart those elected bodies from governing, then you are quite literally subverting the Constitution.

You canít say you respect the Constitution except when the party you donít like wins an office.

You work to get change in the direction you want to go under the constitution, you don't subvert with lies and deceit to get there. If a state elects those against our Constitution it's our duty to resist those elected for the sake of everyone's rights. Just because a mob elects you it doesn't give you the right to take our rights under the constitution.

States have rights but the people's rights are clearly defined by the constitution.

bubbagump October 10, 2018 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643939)
The Constitution literally defines our government - part of it is a bicameral legislature. House of Representatives and the Senate. The Senate isn’t chosen by state legislatures anymore (which may have been a mistake because it removed a check on tyranny by the mob), but still - we elect both houses. If the People choose a legislature you and the president don’t like, and you and the president take action to thwart those elected bodies from governing, then you are quite literally subverting the Constitution.

You can’t say you respect the Constitution except when the party you don’t like wins an office.

Yes. It is literally the thing that authorizes the government. Without it the government is not legitimate, I can as easily set up something and call it a government as the next guy. So can you. The thing that makes this one special and grants it authority is only the fact that it was agreed to early on by folks elected by their peers for the singular purpose of hammering it out.

Always find it odd that those who want to circumvent the constitution are invariably the ones who want more government. They seem to not understand that the constitution is the thing that grants them power in the first place. Without it they are just another asshole with a gun.

goon October 10, 2018 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4643943)
You work to get change in the direction you want to go under the constitution, you don't subvert with lies and deceit to get there. If a state elects those against our Constitution it's our duty to resist those elected for the sake of everyone's rights. Just because a mob elects you it doesn't give you the right to take our rights under the constitution.

States have rights but the people's rights are clearly defined by the constitution.

If Obama had declared a state of emergency the day Trump was elected to ďprotect the ConstitutionĒ from Trump, conservatives and libertarians (and many liberals) would have rightfully lost their F-ing minds. But when someone suggests Trump should do it, he gets a pass.

No. We follow the Constitution this time, and every time.

G1user October 10, 2018 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643947)
If Obama had declared a state of emergency the day Trump was elected to “protect the Constitution” from Trump, conservatives and libertarians (and many liberals) would have rightfully lost their F-ing minds. But when someone suggests Trump should do it, he gets a pass.

no, the jackass party leadership, on behalf of their constituents,, have openly refused to accept the results of the 2016 election, and are openly engaging in sedition to back that declaration up with extra legal action -- including deploying their uniformed armed forces --antifa/BLM-- to attack the rest of us.

the division is already in place; the separation is now underway.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qV1bqG7pW8Y" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

goon October 10, 2018 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1user (Post 4643955)
no, the jackass party leadership, on behalf of their constituents,, have openly refused to accept the results of the 2016 election, and are openly engaging in sedition to back that declaration up with extra legal action -- including deploying their uniformed armed forces --antifa/BLM-- to attack the rest of us.

the division is already in place; the separation is now underway.

And before that for 8 years, I watched Republicans yammer about Obama being ďnot my presidentĒ and being a Kenyan usurper with a fake birth certificate. Every time I turn around these days, someone is trying to convince me that the only way to protect the Constitution from the other guys is to wipe our own asses with it first. Maybe once itís soiled by us, theyíll keep their filthy hands off of it. This makes no sense.

No. We try sticking to the damn thing for once.
Shouldnít be too hard for a bunch of patriotic guys to be be patriotic for twenty minutes, right?

ALL FAL October 10, 2018 16:21

Hey Goon, We have to be Vigilant at all times.

Really, we have to Raise the next generations of Patriots, that takes Decades of "Paying Attention" ... Though I do understand your frustration, I have had the same, seems most others will only gear up and GO at the Very Last minute, Heh, a Pre-emptive strike? Not in the cards or hearts of Men so much as it was.

WE can Not Coast Gent's, if you were to see the Mountains of evidence on hilLIARy and Obutthole that is so SICK and SATANIC most of it, what they have done to kids is the worst.

JUSTICE will Be Served. :|

Bawana jim October 10, 2018 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643947)
If Obama had declared a state of emergency the day Trump was elected to ďprotect the ConstitutionĒ from Trump, conservatives and libertarians (and many liberals) would have rightfully lost their F-ing minds. But when someone suggests Trump should do it, he gets a pass.

Sounds like fake news to me, I don't recall conservatives having the guts to do what you say.:rofl:

2barearms October 10, 2018 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643969)
And before that for 8 years, I watched Republicans yammer about Obama being “not my president” and being a Kenyan usurper with a fake birth certificate. Every time I turn around these days, someone is trying to convince me that the only way to protect the Constitution from the other guys is to wipe our own asses with it first. Maybe once it’s soiled by us, they’ll keep their filthy hands off of it. This makes no sense.

Shouldn’t be too hard for a bunch of patriotic guys to be be patriotic for twenty minutes, right?

I’m not sure you understand the problem or the issues. You are apparently a
Democrat plant. Did you know I was Pro Choice....it’s known as liberal suicide.

goon October 10, 2018 20:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2barearms (Post 4644078)
Iím not sure you understand the problem or the issues. You are apparently a
Democrat plant. Did you know I was Pro Choice....itís known as liberal suicide.

Iím not a plant, but if you are a patriot, you need to think hard on your own words.

Quote:

You suggest here that subverting an open election and imposing your will on the citizens of this nation is an acceptable path if they donít vote the way you want. What youíre suggesting is the definition of tyranny, just as much as it would be if Obama or Hillary suggested it.

Doesnít make much difference what label a tyrant wears or why he does it - a tyrant is a tyrant. This isnít a banana republic. This is the USA. We have free, open elections here. Thatís what the Constitution demands.

2barearms October 10, 2018 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4644097)
Iím not a plant, but if you are a patriot, you need to think hard on your own words.

You suggest here that subverting an open election and imposing your will on the citizens of this nation is an acceptable path if they donít vote the way you want. What youíre suggesting is the definition of tyranny, just as much as it would be if Obama or Hillary suggested it.

Doesnít make much difference what label a tyrant wears or why he does it - a tyrant is a tyrant. This isnít a banana republic. This is the USA. We have free, open elections here. Thatís what the Constitution demands.

I simply posited a question....you are a moron.

Tak October 10, 2018 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by goon (Post 4643969)
And before that for 8 years, I watched Republicans yammer about Obama being ďnot my presidentĒ and being a Kenyan usurper with a fake birth certificate. Every time I turn around these days, someone is trying to convince me that the only way to protect the Constitution from the other guys is to wipe our own asses with it first. Maybe once itís soiled by us, theyíll keep their filthy hands off of it. This makes no sense.

Shouldnít be too hard for a bunch of patriotic guys to be be patriotic for twenty minutes, right?

Nobody rioted, burned cities, formed violent mobs, tried to gun down congressmen, called for violent attacks against people they disagreed with, got people fired for their political beliefs/fired them for their political beliefs, etc etc.

This is nothing like when Obama was elected.

brunop October 10, 2018 22:39

goon is right - if we're trying to subvert open elections, we're the tyrants.

And then all that stupid shit that the Libtards are saying about the "Right" being "Nazis" would actually be true.

Bama Steve October 10, 2018 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 4644149)
Nobody rioted, burned cities, formed violent mobs, tried to gun down congressmen, called for violent attacks against people they disagreed with, got people fired for their political beliefs/fired them for their political beliefs, etc etc.

This is nothing like when Obama was elected.

Hard for me to disagree with that ^^^^^^

We conservatives are not wimps or pussy's - we are a civilized people just trying to get along and eek-out a living and roll with the punches that life doles-out.

Once we get enough of it (idiot Left), we simply go vote to change things.

Eventually we will tire of the Left to the point that the South tired of the North. (This war is being forced upon us all once again by those who wish for it to come to fruition - See Maxine Waters/Hillery Clinton).

But it's all fun and games right now - you are young (stupid) and life is long (because you are young and stupid) but you don't have the knowledge/experience/weariness/tiredness of the bones and muscles from making a living while trying to ignore/tolerate/pay-for your youthful stupidity.

As long as our youth are being directed and controlled by the Left, there is no hope for them other than destitution and death - while they burn us all to the ground.

It takes experience to learn from mistakes of choice.

It takes parents to raise a child properly - not a village of useful idiots.

It takes a community to support the parents in their child rearing.

I ramble . . .

:wink:

2barearms October 10, 2018 23:18

Quote:

In the past 10 years Iíve suffered direct harm inflicted by a radical leftist goon
Barry Soetero. that cocksucker and girlfriend John McStain gave us the largest calamity since FDR was president, Obamascare.....Last year I couldnít bear to pay 200.00 a week for health insurance and The Feds charged me 1895.00 for the privilege yet I used no services at all last year. As a parting gift McStain voted to keep it. So donít you lecture me about tyrants...the fuckingdemocrats
arenít done with your rights yet...

Bawana jim October 10, 2018 23:28

Quote:

I’m not a plant, but if you are a patriot, you need to think hard on your own words.

You suggest here that subverting an open election and imposing your will on the citizens of this nation is an acceptable path if they don’t vote the way you want. What you’re suggesting is the definition of tyranny, just as much as it would be if Obama or Hillary suggested it.

Doesn’t make much difference what label a tyrant wears or why he does it - a tyrant is a tyrant. This isn’t a banana republic. This is the USA. We have free, open elections here. That’s what the Constitution demands.

You probably are not a plant but you want to twist what you say to a leftist view. Just because you lose an election it doesn't mean the party that won can take your constitutional rights away. An election is the right to govern legally voted for but the limits of that government is restricted by the constitution. You win a vote doesn't mean anymore than creating laws and controlling finances.

A tyrant is one who doesn't follow the Constitution and forces people to give up their rights. The 2nd amendment was the tool deemed necessary to keep corruption out of the government. Giving states their own power was to stop the Federal government from taking all power. The balance of power is what we all fight for or against and standing up to tyranny of the state or Federal government is what our Constitution is about.

Understand that our country isn't run on the popular vote because the popular vote becomes mob rule. We are a republic that gives the same power to every state so the big population state don't have the say so over the rest of the country. It's the electoral system.

Right Side Up October 10, 2018 23:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by G1user (Post 4643037)
this mid term reckoning is not an election, it is a decision to cease tolerating this shit.

Dinesh shreds the comiie bitch demanding abrogation of the electoral college to subjugate small states to the commie rule of NY and CA mobs:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ozx2Xl6G8rs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She's dumb as a bucket of phuck, but I'd still like to do the birds and the bees thang to her til she needs a wheelchair.

goon October 11, 2018 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4644164)
You probably are not a plant but you want to twist what you say to a leftist view. Just because you lose an election it doesn't mean the party that won can take your constitutional rights away. An election is the right to govern legally voted for but the limits of that government is restricted by the constitution. You win a vote doesn't mean anymore than creating laws and controlling finances.

A tyrant is one who doesn't follow the Constitution and forces people to give up their rights. The 2nd amendment was the tool deemed necessary to keep corruption out of the government. Giving states their own power was to stop the Federal government from taking all power. The balance of power is what we all fight for or against and standing up to tyranny of the state or Federal government is what our Constitution is about.

Understand that our country isn't run on the popular vote because the popular vote becomes mob rule. We are a republic that gives the same power to every state so the big population state don't have the say so over the rest of the country. It's the electoral system.

There is no liberal slant - the law is the law. The Constitution is not only the president + the Second Amendment. The Constitution is the whole Constitution.

On the President, we donít rely on popular vote for a reason.

On the legislature, we are a popular vote game. The House was designed to reflect the will of the masses, the Senate less so. It was supposed to be a bit more isolated to serve as a check on mob rule with senators elected by state legislatures, but we changed that (partly due to corruption) and it now also is a popular vote game. Personally, I wish weíd found a better balance that kept the check, but it is what it is. Still, Iím not suggesting we change the allocation of Reps or Senators, or eliminate the electoral college.

But the thing is this - to ignore the will of voters and force them to accept a government they didnít choose is 100% an act of tyranny. And if the scenario is the possible flip of the House in the midterms, an alarming number of conservatives are way too comfortable with the idea of using force to keep control against the electorateís wishes if it comes to that. Using an ďemergencyĒ or martial law to suppress the will of voters would confirm the oppositionsí arguments that the Right has been taken over by facists who donít respect the rule of law. A leader who does that is a tyrant who doesnít respect the law.

So no - no way do I support that.

Also, we now have a Supreme Court that could and should get off its ass and do its job for a change in the event of unconstitutional laws being passed that conflict with the Bill of Rights. But tyranny by the executive isnít any better than tyranny by the legislature. I canít accept one but condemn the other.