The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The AR Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Wtb barrel or barrel assembly a1 or a2 (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421682)

Falfan2017 December 04, 2017 19:24

Wtb barrel or barrel assembly a1 or a2
 
Looking for a 20" ar barrel chambered in 556. Govt or light profile for a retro a1 build. Must have holes for pinning fsb. Please let me know how much you want. Thanks!

MAINER December 04, 2017 21:01

Double the price of the one above, but....you decide.

100-020-999WB
AR-15 20" A1 Rifle Barrel, chrome lined, 1-12 Twist Assembly
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...04-189740.aspx

Falfan2017 December 04, 2017 21:30

I don't need the handguards I got a 1970s kit with everything with some battle scars looks pretty good.

fly2.0 December 04, 2017 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falfan2017 (Post 4509528)
I don't need the handguards I got a 1970s kit with everything with some battle scars looks pretty good.


Did your 70's kit come with a BCG ? If Not LMK . Sorry no Barrel . :sad:

Falfan2017 December 04, 2017 23:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by fly2.0 (Post 4509562)
Did your 70's kit come with a BCG ? If Not LMK . Sorry no Barrel . :sad:

Well it's just the furniture. Handguards butstock and handguards.

lysanderxiii December 05, 2017 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falfan2017 (Post 4509449)
Looking for a 20" ar barrel chambered in 556. Govt or light profile for a retro a1 build. Must have holes for pinning fsb. Please let me know how much you want. Thanks!

The holes for the FSB are drilled when the FSB is installed, i.e., they are a matched set. Any bare barrel will not have the holes, and neither should a new FSB.

If you get a barrel with the holes for the FSB already in it there is no guarantee they will fit any FSB with holes. Get two new unmolested parts, or an assembled barrel.

Falfan2017 December 05, 2017 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysanderxiii (Post 4509630)
The holes for the FSB are drilled when the FSB is installed, i.e., they are a matched set. Any bare barrel will not have the holes, and neither should a new FSB.

If you get a barrel with the holes for the FSB already in it there is no guarantee they will fit any FSB with holes. Get two new unmolested parts, or an assembled barrel.

Thanks! Good info. I built one onetime and drilled the barrel myself to match an fsb. Didn't work out too well haha. It was slightly crooked sobthe gas hole didn't line up quite right and I had to open up the hole some to get it to cycle.

hueyville December 05, 2017 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by lysanderxiii (Post 4509630)
The holes for the FSB are drilled when the FSB is installed, i.e., they are a matched set. Any bare barrel will not have the holes, and neither should a new FSB.

If you get a barrel with the holes for the FSB already in it there is no guarantee they will fit any FSB with holes. Get two new unmolested parts, or an assembled barrel.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Have had to fix too many rifles where somehow FSB got mixed up as person was swapping parts or bought a used barrel and tried to use exiting broaching slots to align a different FSB than they were cut for. A broaching tool is cheap but if don't have a jig for aligning the FSB, gas port, keep it 100% square it's very easy to have misaligned gas block and port or leaning sight tower that makes it almost impossible to properly sight in rifle. I provide this service free for Files members and even pay return shipping to lower 48. Have all the specialty tools for uppers and it's not an FFL part. Can even square your upper while have it on the bench.

Broaching tool is about ten bucks and a good drill press to get the process started is all that's needed. My jigs are purpose made for the job. Been needing to add that process to my website so if want an online tutorial with some cheats to make it easy let me know and will build a long overdue page. Been working on ChurchSecuritySystems.com and another lately so no recent CoolAR15.com updates.

mikeuniform December 06, 2017 15:26

I might have what you want. Complete upper off a SP1, pretty nice shape.

Images keep coming out too big.


PM me. We're almost neighbors too. :rofl:

mikeuniform December 06, 2017 16:30

10-4 We'll give it a week, watch your PM

Keep in mind, this is a horrible time of the year to send something out in the mail.

Falfan2017 December 06, 2017 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeuniform (Post 4510210)
I might have what you want. Complete upper off a SP1, pretty nice shape.

Images keep coming out too big.


PM me. We're almost neighbors too. :rofl:

Pm sent

gew98 December 06, 2017 18:02

I got a flat new unfired SP1 1/12 twist barrel with FH , FSB , gas tube and delta ring assy for $330 off gunboinker. Was quite surprised at it's condition for the price and I was only 1 of 2 bidders on it. I'm not keen on new made retro contour barrels.

mikeuniform December 07, 2017 09:31

Munchoman, you have PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files