The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The FN Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   G1 10rd border guard mag ? (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=421523)

yovinny November 30, 2017 08:33

G1 10rd border guard mag ?

Almost nos, excellent at least.
Tried a mp search but didnt find anything,,, so whats one worth today ?
TIA
Cheers, yv

justashooter November 30, 2017 09:58

i'll give ya ten bux for it. a buck a round, seems resaonable.

truth is, it's an oddity, maybe valuable to a collector or someone in a ban state. kinda like a dog with three legs.

Douglas Wozny November 30, 2017 11:02

What is the provenance that says it is a G1 border guard magazine? Could it be just a cut down standard 20 round magazine?

Frontline November 30, 2017 11:10

I have maybe half a dozen 10 rd FAL magazines.

Pretty sure at least three of them are originals, the others are likely DSA production, but they all work well.
After the AWB sunset, I was finding these singularly on the tables at gunshows and picked them up for 5-7 bucks each.
I have no other information than that and cannot speak to the provenance of your 'Border Guard' magazines.

nwobhm November 30, 2017 14:12

$30-$35

NFADLR November 30, 2017 15:34

Please post a pic.

Bottom view would be most helpful.

yovinny December 01, 2017 10:21

WOW,,,you guys arent familiar with what I speak of ?

Im just going by what the resident experts here told me a decade or so ago,,,
When I marked the bag it's in and they were bringing $75..

Where is Lee C. when ya need him....:sad:

NFADLR December 01, 2017 10:41

I'm very familiar with what you speak of but pictures speak better than words.

You could email a few pictures to me via my profile and I will host them easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yovinny (Post 4508035)
WOW,,,you guys arent familiar with what I speak of ?

Im just going by what the resident experts here told me a decade or so ago,,,
When I marked the bag it's in and they were bringing $75..

Where is Lee C. when ya need him....:sad:

Douglas Wozny December 01, 2017 10:47

I question them being "real" G1 10 round border guard magazines for two reasons. First, what would be the reason to degrade the magazine capacity of the FAL (20 rounds down to 10 rounds) for border guards? Second, every picture and video I have seen of the Bundesgrenzschutz (and I will admit I have not seen all the pictures and video out there but I have seen quite few) armed with G1's all have 20 round magazines in them.

Lee Carpentieri December 01, 2017 11:17

10 Round mags

As long as theirs no witness holes on the back of the Magazine, They Could be Belgium, BUT the sure way to tell IF their Belgium 10 round mags is, The Original Belgium 10 round mag has TWO separate fold points on each side of the bottom of the magazine that hold the floor plate in place,NOT one solid fold. At one time I had 50 of these magazines all were NOS. Now I have one left for the collection.

I was selling mine for 45.00 each plus shipping up till I ran out last year.

yovinny December 02, 2017 10:27

Ok,,many thanks and sorry for the confusion...

It might have said belgium, it is kind of dark in my storage area and my eyes sure arent what they once were...But I would have sworn it said '10rd FAL BGS'...which i assumed was for G1 and german border guard...
I'll bring it home and get some pics next time I fetch stuff from storage...

Cheers, vy

def90 December 03, 2017 23:32

Anyone have pics of them in use? All the BGS pics Iíve seen show 20 rounders..

thedrickel December 04, 2017 03:27

Hmm, wonder how much they differ from the blued Belgian 10rd parade mags (at least that is how they were sold to me) . . . ?

yovinny December 04, 2017 08:07

Interesting,,,,:)

FWIW,,as for pics, im pretty sure ive seen pics of German troops using 10rd mags for both guard duty and in grenade launching roles...But alas, I dont have or remember exactly where Ive seen those...:(