The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 22 Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   "Mine tastes like purple" (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341850)

gunplumber December 12, 2012 21:20

"Mine tastes like purple"
 
"Mine tastes like purple"

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...ipurple-01.jpg



(for you younger folks, it is a reference to a Dannon(?) Yogurt commercial from the early 80s.)

shlomo December 12, 2012 21:26

I am unable to imagine any humor which would cause me to perpetrate such a thing.

I no longer want my autographed cudgel.

Pervert.

tfillen December 12, 2012 21:30

Dude! :uhoh: That is SO wrong!! Nice detailing though.

Maybe a different color? ....

LaConservationist December 12, 2012 21:32

Mark.......THAT is ONE UGLY PISTOLE`.....I LOVE IT!!!

LaC

tdb59 December 12, 2012 22:20

It may taste like Purple, but it smells like Cerise, and looks like Grape Frost.









Obscure, yes ?




.

JeffJ December 12, 2012 22:45

you guys are tough, It probably matches his toe nails...

Andy the Aussie December 13, 2012 00:48

Cherry ...!!!

Super B December 13, 2012 01:59

Maybe red, maybe vermillion. PURPLE??? Nah.

gunplumber December 13, 2012 10:23

It's really a deep burgundy, same as the background. But the image came out red. I tried adjusting the hue and saturation but I'm not experienced with that level of photoshop. (gimp).

It's the same shade as these.



http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...rplebhp-01.jpg

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...leglock-01.jpg

NEWFNL1A1 December 13, 2012 10:32

My daughter and grand daughters would think that is the greatest! I will not be showing them this thread! :D

gunplumber December 13, 2012 11:19

It is for my daughter. Traded a Kobra sight for this Mk II - needed refinishing anyway.

Eventually I'll get a .22 upper for a Glock, but need another frame. She went "practicing" with her Glock. Burned through 500 rounds in an afternoon. I can't afford it anymore. Gotta get her plinking with cheaper ammo.

JackA December 13, 2012 14:31

Color is subjective ( eye of the beholder ) although well executed ( grip screws also ) . The only thing about these pistols is the magazine retention , I have a hard time manipulating them , wondering if there was / is an aftermarket mechanisim . My daughter loves shooting the on I have .

Jack

NEWFNL1A1 December 13, 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunplumber (Post 3488092)
It is for my daughter. Traded a Kobra sight for this Mk II - needed refinishing anyway.

Eventually I'll get a .22 upper for a Glock, but need another frame. She went "practicing" with her Glock. Burned through 500 rounds in an afternoon. I can't afford it anymore. Gotta get her plinking with cheaper ammo.

Looks like "you done good" GP! As a gunsmith and a parent! :beer:

gunplumber December 13, 2012 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackA (Post 3488178)
Color is subjective ( eye of the beholder ) although well executed ( grip screws also ) . The only thing about these pistols is the magazine retention , I have a hard time manipulating them , wondering if there was / is an aftermarket mechanisim . My daughter loves shooting the on I have .

Jack

The Mk III and the MkII/45 both use American (non European) style mag catches. But I don't like the feel of the Mk II/45. I really like the luger type grip for target shooting. The other may be better for combat shooting, but at that point I should just get the (Advantage Arms?) .22 Upper for the Glock.

I see these (have 3 now, two like this and one of the slab-side target models) as small game hunting and teaching sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control, before moving onto regular defensive pistol shooting.

Story December 13, 2012 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by gunplumber (Post 3487805)
"Mine tastes like purple"

http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.co...ipurple-01.jpg



(for you younger folks, it is a reference to a Dannon(?) Yogurt commercial from the early 80s.)

Here I thought it was a Ralphie Wiggum reference

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/648...resberries.jpg

ALL FAL December 13, 2012 20:24

Cool, get it on.

Super B December 21, 2012 23:30

The Hi-Power is gorgeous. Glocks can't be gorgeous no matter WHAT color they are.

tac-40 December 22, 2012 20:10

Dayum, when did DynoMike start working in your shop.:)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files