The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Bolt Action Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Mauser work (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412803)

denny March 27, 2017 01:45

Mauser work
 
Who can install turret Mounts on Mauser?
These are the 26degree screws.
Denny

Klaus Von Richter March 27, 2017 06:43

Vaughn at Gun Works Of Central New York. He is on gunboards and K98kforum as Vaughn99.

He does great work. He put high turret mounts on my K98. He drilled, taped, and silver soldered the mounts on. He is top notch and stand behinds his work.

Klaus Von Richter March 27, 2017 06:57

Here is mine

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...svx9xfhyb.jpeg

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/...s6eylej14.jpeg

raexcct2 April 11, 2017 18:33

That is beautiful work. Is that an original ZF39 scope or a replica? I take it the high turret mounts are also replica?

Klaus Von Richter April 12, 2017 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by raexcct2 (Post 4404845)
That is beautiful work. Is that an original ZF39 scope or a replica? I take it the high turret mounts are also replica?

The scope is a post war Hensoldt Dialytan, It is early 1950s. The mounts are repo made by accumounts.

STGThndr April 12, 2017 21:57

Wehrmacht- What's story with what appears to be a custom safety switch? I take it that the original is too tall to work under that scope bell? Would that have been original on a German scoped mauser 98k?
Very nice looking rig you have there... I especially like how the bolt wasnt dicked with.

raexcct2 April 12, 2017 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by STGThndr (Post 4405521)
Wehrmacht- What's story with what appears to be a custom safety switch? I take it that the original is too tall to work under that scope bell? Would that have been original on a German scoped mauser 98k?
Very nice looking rig you have there... I especially like how the bolt wasnt dicked with.

That is the original design for a Mauser K98 sniper safety. Germans designed it because the original safety wouldn't work with the scope mounted. Reproduction units are available if you can't find an original.

Klaus Von Richter April 13, 2017 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by STGThndr (Post 4405521)
Wehrmacht- What's story with what appears to be a custom safety switch? I take it that the original is too tall to work under that scope bell? Would that have been original on a German scoped mauser 98k?
Very nice looking rig you have there... I especially like how the bolt wasnt dicked with.

The original safety would work but it was hard to manipulate. This safety is a reproduction of an original German safety. A original was going for 10x the price of the repo.

Louis May 04, 2017 12:03

This post has cost me quite a bit of change since I first saw it. Have since tracked down a nice Russian capture K98 that's been d&t'd. Bought the tower mounts and a repro safety. Now glass...

raexcct2 May 04, 2017 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louis (Post 4416615)
This post has cost me quite a bit of change since I first saw it. Have since tracked down a nice Russian capture K98 that's been d&t'd. Bought the tower mounts and a repro safety. Now glass...

Tell me about it. I have a nice Russian capture bcd/ar manufacturer that I was planning on selling......until I saw this post. I bought it originally to use for the CMP Vintage Sniper competition but never got around to getting the scope mounts. There's just something about a classic Mauser. If I had a Remington 700, I would have sold it already. Decisions, decisions.:D:D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files