The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   RKBA & Legal (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Bad News for Oregon HB 719 A Passes (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416758)

medicmike July 07, 2017 10:07

Bad News for Oregon HB 719 A Passes
 
We can only hope that it will be overturned in the courts. This has some very bad potential ramifications :mad:

Copy and paste from Oregon Firearms Federation email below.

Boquist Gun Confiscation Bill Passes

07.06.17
Today the Oregon House approved one of the most dangerous, hateful and mean spirited pieces of legislation ever introduced.
SB 719 A, the product of Republican Senator Brian Boquist's collusion with the most militant anti-gunners in the legislature, will now allow the police to come to your home and confiscate your firearms and "deadly weapons" with no accusation or conviction of a crime.
There is NO question this bill will cost people's lives.
Now a vindictive family or household member has the power to have your rights and property stolen from you simply because they chose to make an accusation against you.
"Dangerous" people will not be taken into custody. Self destructive people will receive no help.
The people who passed SB 719A know this. They don't care about people's well being. They only care about seizing as many firearms as possible.

This is truly a disgraceful day in Oregon's history.
Every Republican member of the House voted against this travesty. The only Democrats to vote against it were Brad Witt, Jeff Barker and Brian Clem. Debra Boone was absent.
The bill now goes to the Governor for her certain signature.




fnogger July 07, 2017 10:29

File anonymous complaints against every congress critter, the governor, the judges, and every cop.

357ross July 07, 2017 12:04

Of course, they will be exempted from this law, just as they are every other law.

easttex July 07, 2017 13:36

This will wind up being struck down by a Federal court. This violates your Fourth Amendment right to protection from unreasonable search and seizure and the US Constitution preempts Oregon state law.

Unfortunately...now you guys need somebody to have their guns taken away so a plaintive can bring suit and keep appealing it until he/she gets the law overturned. Until then, hang on!

CG&L July 07, 2017 15:26

That's the problem
You have to wait until a perfect case comes along to take it to the Supreme Court. This could take years.

After a favorable SC decision, Oregon still doesn't have to do anything different. The SC has no army to back-up anything they say. The Heller decision is a good example. DC really hasn't done much of anything different after the decision.

G1user July 07, 2017 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG&L (Post 4447382)
T...After a favorable SC decision, Oregon still doesn't have to do anything different. The SC has no army to back-up anything they say. ...

correct.

however, it is the good people of oregon that are the ultimate arbiters -- and enforcers -- of the law, not the SCOTUS.

all it takes is the good people to stand up and say "no".
until that happens, the lawlessness criminality of the statists will continue,

ALL FAL July 08, 2017 12:37

Those dirty Motherfuckers.
 
This Bullshit I warned you guys about. :|

The Bunch of Elitest MF'ers in Salem should be Hanged for attacking our civil rights in this way, Rammed through on July 3rd when no one was looking, their Usual M.O.

I am Livid about this shit.

gordonm1 July 08, 2017 19:30

Pretty soon they'll be giving tax credits to guys that swallow.

WA isn't far behind.

medicmike July 08, 2017 21:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL FAL (Post 4447722)
This Bullshit I warned you guys about. :|

The Bunch of Elitest MF'ers in Salem should be Hanged for attacking our civil rights in this way, Rammed through on July 3rd when no one was looking, their Usual M.O.

I am Livid about this shit.

You sir, are not alone on this...

ALL FAL July 09, 2017 01:27

I may end up a Test case for THEM, if so,-----
 
I've made my choice, if they come to my place it won't be easy for them, THEY like to roll up in an APC for effect.

raubvogel July 09, 2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by gordonm1 (Post 4447934)
Pretty soon they'll be giving tax credits to guys that swallow.

But only with youtube videos to verify

itachi5107 July 10, 2017 00:21

so they are deliberating whether or not to legalize Cocaine in Oregon but they take away people right to protect themselves, Good thing i dont live there.

Pluribus July 10, 2017 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by itachi5107 (Post 4448488)
so they are deliberating whether or not to legalize Cocaine in Oregon but they take away people right to protect themselves, Good thing i dont live there.

Where in AR are you? The Ozarks are one of my favorite aspen forests.

:smile:

Bawana jim July 10, 2017 12:46

I think the real value of this law is to control political speech, it's a tool to take you out for speaking against government. Say the wrong thing and they don't even have to have someone make the charge that you are dangerous.

yellowhand July 10, 2017 13:58

Has anyone read the actual law or know where to locate it on line?????

I found this here, but can't find the exact version and provisions of the measured that passed.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...Analysis/SB719

Reading this above, it looks like everything still must go through a Judge and the court system.

IE, someone says this person is nuts, has firearms, THEN a judge listens to both sides and issues a judgement one way or the other.:confused:

If anyone has what was passed, I'd like to see the actual bill passed and sent to the Governor for signature.

medicmike July 10, 2017 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowhand (Post 4448652)
Has anyone read the actual law or know where to locate it on line?????

I found this here, but can't find the exact version and provisions of the measured that passed.

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...Analysis/SB719

Reading this above, it looks like everything still must go through a Judge and the court system.

IE, someone says this person is nuts, has firearms, THEN a judge listens to both sides and issues a judgement one way or the other.:confused:

If anyone has what was passed, I'd like to see the actual bill passed and sent to the Governor for signature.

I haven't read the final bill. From what I understand you would not be notified of the hearing and thus unable to present your side of the story.

medicmike July 10, 2017 16:42

Here it is in all its glory

https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/201...Document/SB719

0302 July 10, 2017 18:02

eh, so what?

yellowhand July 10, 2017 18:24

OK, after a very quick read;

A law enforcement officer
or a family or household member of a person
may file a petition requesting that
the court
issue an extreme risk protection order enjoining
the person from having in the person’s custody or
control, owning, purchasing, possessing
or receiving, or attempting to purchase or receive, a deadly weapon.

A sitting judge still needs to issue any and all orders from the bench.

If anyone makes this claim to the court, they are required to prove to the court why it should be granted.

There has to be a long list of past offenses, past piss poor histories, plus current conduct, which must be met for the Judge to make this ruling.

Most battered wives will not press charges or testify in court against their husbands, and this will most likely go the same way as that.

And having a police officer making the case to the court, the police officer is not going to have all the required information, and if they do, they will quickly have all of their officers tied up in court and not on the streets.

This shit has to go before a judge, people need to make sworn statements, if they lie, they will be held accountable by other state laws, anyone brought before any court has the right to a lawyer,etc.

This shit might look good to liberal progressives, but its going to be hard to damn near impossible to place upon anyone and then make it stand up in open court.

I hope!

ALL FAL July 11, 2017 03:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawana jim (Post 4448627)
I think the real value of this law is to control political speech, it's a tool to take you out for speaking against government. Say the wrong thing and they don't even have to have someone make the charge that you are dangerous.

Exactly right Jim.

Yellowhand, This problem is much Worse than you imagine, the thing is, they Do IT Without Due Process and it is Highly Against the Constitution.

They want our guns, especially those of us who stand up to them or speak out.

yellowhand July 11, 2017 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL FAL (Post 4449010)
Exactly right Jim.

Yellowhand, This problem is much Worse than you imagine, the thing is, they Do IT Without Due Process and it is Highly Against the Constitution.

They want our guns, especially those of us who stand up to them or speak out.

I would not argue with ya, you're most likely correct on all issues.
If or yet when they go nuts with this, hell will break out.

ALL FAL July 11, 2017 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowhand (Post 4449014)
I would not argue with ya, you're most likely correct on all issues.
If or yet when they go nuts with this, hell will break out.

Hell Ya say, Yep, IT IS coming. Was Hoping for the latest news on 719 but find None.

Some Very WEAK crap for gun rights Org.s to simply tell us to contact our representatives?? NOTHING gets done except Sneaky sessions to pass anti-gun measures.

yellowhand July 11, 2017 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL FAL (Post 4449216)
Hell Ya say, Yep, IT IS coming. Was Hoping for the latest news on 719 but find None.

Some Very WEAK crap for gun rights Org.s to simply tell us to contact our representatives?? NOTHING gets done except Sneaky sessions to pass anti-gun measures.

If anyone lives there, its past time to sock away a couple rifles and hand guns, with mags and ammo in a safe place.

If ya get hit with this shit, or worst, then you're still well armed.

Actually, its well past time for all of us to have a secret stockpile of arms and ammo somewhere off site from our homes.

ALL FAL July 12, 2017 02:42

Hmm, I may have done that, there gun puting away stuff kinda.
 
Yep, good advice Yellowhand, I have another safe at a friends who is better than family, Hates Piggy's as much as me, not to mention a couple places out in the brush and rocks that have caches of some very potent goodies. :devil:

Illurian00 July 12, 2017 06:44

To the Oregonians present;

"07.06.17
Today the Oregon House approved one of the most dangerous, hateful and mean spirited pieces of legislation ever introduced.
SB 719 A, the product of Republican Senator Brian Boquist's collusion with the most militant anti-gunners in the legislature, will now allow the police to come to your home and confiscate your firearms and "deadly weapons" with no accusation or conviction of a crime."

Is the Oregon state government composed of only one house of elected representatives, as opposed to an 'upper' and 'lower' house ?

0302 July 12, 2017 19:43

anyone note the most pro drug states are the most anti-gun? so all yall dopers are supporting the stooges taking your gun rights away. very interesting.

ALL FAL July 12, 2017 19:43

Isn't that just Dandy.
 
THE SPARK??? Oh YES I would say it Positively IS.

ALL FAL July 12, 2017 21:56

I Noticed that about 5 or so years ago. 0302
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 0302 (Post 4449847)
anyone note the most pro drug states are the most anti-gun? so all yall dopers are supporting the stooges taking your gun rights away. very interesting.

Stupid question as far as supporting the Anuses in Salem 0302, you can be as a Hemorrhoid -- damn inflammatory, But You know that, You Enjoy that. Carry on.

medicmike July 14, 2017 11:53

Editorial on the issue from The Bend Bulletin

http://www.bendbulletin.com/opinion/...?referrer=home

A few of the good points made in the article

Other issues of concern include:

• The definition of weapon is vague enough to include ceremonial swords, antique bayonets, maybe kitchen knives or baseball bats.

• The bill lacks specific guidance or protection for officers who would have to confiscate the weapons, raising questions about searches and other items that might be discovered.

• The provisions apply to violence beyond suicide, and ask judges to consider issues such as prior DUIs, attempts to purchase weapons, or recent use of controlled substances, among others.

Despite the best of intentions, the bill opens the door for myriad unintended consequences and rights violations, with little assurance it will reduce suicide or harm to others. A narrower bill could have gained wider support and avoided likely legal challenges.

yellowhand July 14, 2017 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by medicmike (Post 4450587)
Editorial on the issue from The Bend Bulletin

http://www.bendbulletin.com/opinion/...?referrer=home

A few of the good points made in the article

Other issues of concern include:

• The definition of weapon is vague enough to include ceremonial swords, antique bayonets, maybe kitchen knives or baseball bats.

• The bill lacks specific guidance or protection for officers who would have to confiscate the weapons, raising questions about searches and other items that might be discovered.

• The provisions apply to violence beyond suicide, and ask judges to consider issues such as prior DUIs, attempts to purchase weapons, or recent use of controlled substances, among others.

Despite the best of intentions, the bill opens the door for myriad unintended consequences and rights violations, with little assurance it will reduce suicide or harm to others. A narrower bill could have gained wider support and avoided likely legal challenges.

Trump is packing the lower federal courts with conservative and hopeful gun rights judges.
Right now, all any of us have available for redress of these issues, is the court system.
Subject to change of course given certain possible circumstances.:whistling:

0302 July 16, 2017 12:10

they have plenty of dope, just get high & forgetaboutit.

ALL FAL July 16, 2017 15:08

Heh, btm line is that they get the Guns away from those who would Get THEM.
 
Meaning THEM as the STATISTS around the state, well, they should worry when they put out Unconstitutional laws which ARE NOT LAWS to take guns from Peaceful People who are no threat until messed with.

ALL FAL July 17, 2017 15:17

Recall KATE BROWN Is HOT NEWS!!!!
 
Looks like the dem-asses in the Oregon Lefty side are ALL getting recalled, time to shift gears and ram them out onto the street, Merkley, Wyden, Brown are at the head of the list. Lets GIT'EM.

ALL FAL July 25, 2017 02:34

Heard any News on this Ahem,--Unconstitutional Bullshit?
 
I hope the "FIRST GUN FIGHT" is Privately recorded like some have set up to show the PUBLIC. In the event the assholes try out their WAR making ability.:whistling: For real, Because this Crap will be a big trigger.

Oz308 July 26, 2017 05:11

Just waiting...
 
...for this garbage to be duplicated, even amped up, back in WA WA land.
Seems OR and WA think alike on many things, politically- and tragically.

I just cannot fathom what the old Oregon Territory was like. WA has been so sadly twisted into its current libtardishness for many years. I've wondered when this slide started, if it could be pinned to any particular year or decade.

Just cannot picture way back then, a bunch of Monty Python style lumberjacks prancing around the countryside, or a bunch of flitty longshoremen on the old Seattle waterfront doing the unicorn dance.

What the hell happened, and when?? I still love the scenery, and what tiny bit of fam and friends that are left, but the rest of the crazy garbage makes my blood boil.

ALL FAL July 26, 2017 15:31

YEP OZ308, we should start Hanging TRAITORS.
 
Make Oregon Great Again==MOGA.

medicmike July 26, 2017 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALL FAL (Post 4455833)
Make Oregon Great Again==MOGA.

:cheers:
:bow:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2015 The FAL Files