The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Meetings and Events (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   North Texas 2012 Shoot Nov 17 (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339498)

James October 31, 2012 22:33

North Texas 2012 Shoot Nov 17

River Shoot 2012 General Information

WHEN: November 17th.. This is a Saturday. Starting about 9:00 am and finishing up around 5:00 pm Saturday afternoon.

WHERE: Approximately 20 miles South of Dallas. This is not a gun range like Gibsonís. This is private property that is far enough out of town that it can be used for shooting. I am not going to post the specific location of the range on the Internet or everybody and their neighbor will show up. This get-together is for all FALíers and their fiends in Texas and the surrounding states.

ACCOMODATIONS: Primitive! No running water, no electricity, no bathrooms. It is partially wooded so any personal business can be performed as necessary.

RANGE RULES: NO ALCOHOL. No shooting into the air. No shooting each other. No stupid stuff with guns. All range rules that you normally expect will apply. Rapid firing is permitted and just about required for having fun. Title II weapons permitted.. While the rules are more relaxed on the rate of fire no safety rules shall be ignored. Safety is priority #1.

WHAT TO BRING: You are responsible for your own food and refreshments. You can bring a grill if you like to cook out. Bring guns and ammo. Extra ammo if you want to shoot my subguns. Bring your own targets for plinking - bottles, cans, small blocks of wood, paper targets, clay birds. You may want to bring a folding table and lawn chair.

The majority of you know where the range is located. For the first timers PM me for directions.

Iíll have the gate double locked so you will need to PM me for the combination to get in.

James

You can search back to last years shoot for pictures of who came and what they were shooting.

Sig220 November 01, 2012 07:22

Now its on!!

Will be checking schedules to see if I can make it.

It should be a blast.

DABTL November 01, 2012 16:13

David and I will be there. We will bring the M60, MG42, M16 and M1a Thompson, if possible.

I will also bring the Rashid.

shlomo November 01, 2012 18:37

Time to change the locks, James. ;)

saigamantx November 01, 2012 18:41

Hmmm to go or not to go :P Well duh! Ill be there. :rofl:

James November 02, 2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABTL (Post 3460260)
David and I will be there. We will bring the M60, MG42, M16 and M1a Thompson, if possible.

I'll glad you are coming we need someone to hold the targets!;)

shlomo November 02, 2012 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 3460951)
I'll glad you are coming we need someone to hold the targets!;)

Film, or it didn't happen. :devil:

DABTL November 02, 2012 18:48

Is Randy coming with Tex? I may bring the L42A1 and sight it in. Randy would be a big help.

Anyone wanting to shoot full auto should bring plenty of 9mm, .45, 8mm, .308 and such. I have plenty for my own use. But, not enough to supply the crowd.

I could also bring some Tablitas Marinada and make some Pozole Blanco if anyone is interested.

JeffJ November 02, 2012 19:25

Rules state no shooting each other..I'm out.

tjoesim November 02, 2012 19:48

I'm in. Will bring chili, grill etc. Maybe a weapon or two.

ketum3 November 02, 2012 23:29

Wouldn't miss it! Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year:)

dirtyrice November 03, 2012 00:14

WOOHOO. I just got two new guns and i'm decently stocked up on ammo! And that date leaves me with just enough time to get some more ammo :) Can't wait to see everybody. Anybody have a little 8mm surplus they'd be willing to sell/trade??

saigamantx November 03, 2012 01:02

Sarco still has Persian 8mm on the cheap. It works ok. Also if anyone needs a bit more 308 wideners and aim surplus still have privi at reasonable prices. Can't wait for this one. It's the last time ill see you guys before the move to colorado

saigamantx November 03, 2012 01:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjoesim (Post 3460996)
I'm in. Will bring chili, grill etc. Maybe a weapon or two.

Ill see if I can't bring some hot dogs and buns :) been wanting to try that chili all year ;)

dirtyrice November 03, 2012 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABTL (Post 3460972)
Is Randy coming with Tex? I may bring the L42A1 and sight it in. Randy would be a big help.

Anyone wanting to shoot full auto should bring plenty of 9mm, .45, 8mm, .308 and such. I have plenty for my own use. But, not enough to supply the crowd.

I could also bring some Tablitas Marinada and make some Pozole Blanco if anyone is interested.

You better come! Tablitas sound awesome. And i'll be getting some .45 a.s.a.p.

Has anyone Heard from thundergod lately??

G3isMe November 03, 2012 20:29

I have never been, but Sig220 told me about how fun these shoots are, so I would like to join in if there is room. Are the Mrs. welcome, she shoots too . . .:aug::D.

'TUDE November 03, 2012 22:39

I sure miss these shoots. Must have been 3-4 years since the last one I attended.

GDavis November 04, 2012 10:19

When I was young I used to look forward to my birthday each year, now I look forward to the N Texas FAL shoot. Thanks James!

James November 04, 2012 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by G3isMe (Post 3461570)
I have never been, but Sig220 told me about how fun these shoots are, so I would like to join in if there is room. Are the Mrs. welcome, she shoots too . . .:aug::D.

There is plenty of room so bring the Mrs also. I don't have a link to last years but you should be able to find it and check out what it looks like.

James

James November 04, 2012 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABTL (Post 3460972)

I think Randy is coming but I don't know about Tex. He has a new job with rotating days off so I don't know where that comes up on his schedule.

James

saigamantx November 04, 2012 17:20

James is the full auto AK coming on this trip as well?

James November 04, 2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by saigamantx (Post 3462082)
James is the full auto AK coming on this trip as well?

It depends on if Tex is coming.

James

gunnut1 November 04, 2012 18:45

Y'all have fun

:sad: This will be the first one I have missed since James started have us out in 2007.

I remembered today that since I am assuming the office of Chief Range Officer at my gun club next year, we are having a meeting on that day to discuss situations and give all of the ROs I don't know a chance to meet me. I have to attend.

so, Y'all have a good time and bust a cap or two for me.

James November 04, 2012 18:48

Here is some info about getting in the gate.

Plans A
There are two locks on the gate now. One of the locks is welded to the chain at the gate. There is another lock on the other end of the chain. The welded lock is for people that have keys. The other lock is for utility companies that need to get in there. I will put a combination lock in between the two of them. Phased another way the combo lock is holding both locks together. Put the combo number in, push the lock in to release it then pull out. It should open. Lock it back around both locks. You have to push in on the lock and spin the numbers to get it to lock. Just pushing it in will not lock it. Last year ( first year I tried this ) some people with keys screwed things up and locked the welded lock onto the utility lock by passing the combo lock. This made my lock usless. Someone with a key would then have to go up there and let them in or out and reset the lock.

Plan B
If someone has screwed the locks up you will have to call someone already down there, wait for someone to show up or walk down and find me. It's only 1/4 mile. I'll give you my number when I give you the code.

If you are familiar with the past shoots this is no big deal to you but if this is your first time coming this is why you need to PM me for the numbers.

James

gunnut1 November 05, 2012 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'TUDE (Post 3461646)
I sure miss these shoots. Must have been 3-4 years since the last one I attended.

So come to the shoot.

GDavis November 06, 2012 13:29

James,

Perhaps there could be a sign saying something to the effect "For this shoot only, please be sure the locks are in the same orientation as in the photo!" (and perhaps a picture of the three locks together).

(If no one is out there beforehand to take a photo, then perhaps a drawing will work)

Hopefully everyone can read!

Gary104 November 06, 2012 21:01

Quote:

Hopefully everyone can read!
We few from east of the Sabine river prefer pictures!

Michael64 November 06, 2012 22:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary104 (Post 3463492)
We few from east of the Sabine river prefer pictures!

Gary
You coming to the shoot?

Gary104 November 06, 2012 22:55

Yep, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

dirtyrice November 07, 2012 01:46

Well I just ordered another case of 5.45 before the ammo prices skyrocket. I'm ready to send some lead down range :) Good to hear you'll be making the drive gary. I need to rustle up some name tags too. I'm tired of never being able to remember everyones board name vs real name.

kkog November 07, 2012 20:13

Have FAL, will travel.

Kevin

Tex November 11, 2012 01:06

Well heck. This will be the first one I've missed.
The 17th hits on my work weekend. Maybe next time.

saigamantx November 11, 2012 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkog (Post 3464304)
Have FAL, will travel.

Kevin

Guys sadly I won't be making it. I had to push up my move to colorado

Warmgun2 November 11, 2012 23:30

I have never been to one of the shoots, do you have room for 2 more shooters?
I don't have a Fal to shoot but I can bring a few loaded fal mags if someone will let me test drive their rifle :)
We can bring a few of the Fals baby brothers---AKs HKs and a few other toys.

Sig220 November 12, 2012 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmgun2 (Post 3467279)
I have never been to one of the shoots, do you have room for 2 more shooters?
I don't have a Fal to shoot but I can bring a few loaded fal mags if someone will let me test drive their rifle :)
We can bring a few of the Fals baby brothers---AKs HKs and a few other toys.

You have been in "cold" storage for a while!!

Quote:

FALaholic #: 25079
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A Fal is not a requirement, however a full auto Fal is a must!! Shoot it with your last mag and you will be sorry.......as will you be if you shoot it with your first mag!!!

Warmgun2 November 12, 2012 09:38

Looks like this is a troll account, dosen't it?

My Son is the FAL guy in the family, I am more of an AK guy. My son is slowly converting me. I buy 308 ammo and don't even have a rifle to shoot it out of.

I am a member of the lease that everyone will be shooting at this weekend. We plan on coming out Saturday morning, we look forward to shooting your rifles :biggrin:
I mean meeting everyone!

tjoesim November 12, 2012 10:11

Having to go in for a little medical procedure tomorrow. Most likely will prevent me from attending. Getting old gets in the way of a lot of fun.

saigamantx November 12, 2012 12:36

I must say I am in part to blame for getting warmguns son hooked on fn fals what can I say Rhodies are awesome! You guys have fun! It will be a blast.

Skilter November 12, 2012 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DABTL (Post 3460260)

I don't need belt fed's... I NEED TABLITAS!

Skilter November 12, 2012 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tex (Post 3466713)
Well heck. This will be the first one I've missed.
The 17th hits on my work weekend. Maybe next time.

that sucks...

DABTL November 12, 2012 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skilter (Post 3467617)
I don't need belt fed's... I NEED TABLITAS!

I will check the freezer.

dirtyrice November 13, 2012 01:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skilter (Post 3467633)
that sucks...

Indeed, hope you make it to the next one Tex! We'll dump a few mags for ya :)

Gunnut1: Gotta talk to them about these conflicting dates lol :)

Hope ya feel better tjoesim,

And tablitas sound awesome. I've had some korean bbq ribs, which are side cut, a couple times recently and they are good but tablitas are better. If you have any dabtl i'll have to get some tortillas :)

niblo1 November 13, 2012 22:58

I'll be there James.:p

Big Dog November 15, 2012 23:19

Yes

I will be there as well - loading up mags now.

I am planning on bringing a couple of gallons of tea in case that chilli has some real zip to it...

Keith

dirtyrice November 15, 2012 23:47

I went and picked up three boxes of .45 after work. Wally world was fully stocked. I guess Texans stocked up plenty after last election lol.

Here is the link for last years thread:
http://falfiles.com/forums/showthrea...=319218&page=2

GDavis November 16, 2012 17:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 3470100)
I will be there as well - loading up mags now.

I am planning on bringing a couple of gallons of tea in case that chilli has some real zip to it...

Keith

I just LOVE that Texas Tea!:biggrin:

(well..... maybe not mixed with shooting):rolleyes:

GDavis November 16, 2012 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirtyrice (Post 3470109)
I went and picked up three boxes of .45 after work. Wally world was fully stocked. I guess Texans stocked up plenty after last election lol.

Here is the link for last years thread:
http://falfiles.com/forums/showthrea...=319218&page=2

That's why I really don't care that much for my M10, that's about 7 seconds of shooting fun.

gunnut1 November 17, 2012 19:07

No pics yet?

dirtyrice November 17, 2012 20:49

I got a couple, i'll try to post them soon. I didn't take very many and had quite a few that blurred because my f stop was too high and my shutter speed too slow. Got some decent videos of the mgs though. At least there was no confusion with the padlock this time, well that I know of anyways :) As usual it was good to see everyone. I'll get a key in january so I can tear up those new gongs.

Hopefully queensix and gary104 got some good photos.

DABTL: You officially suck sir, There were a few people that brought .45 acp just for a chance to shoot that thompson. http://smileys.on-my-web.com/reposit...tongue-047.gif

gunnut1 November 17, 2012 21:12

Wish I could have been there. But, for this year anyway, it was not possible, Next year, I will be there because I will be the one that sets to date for the RSO meeting at the gun club!!!!!

I know you guys had fun!