The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Discussion (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Bullet Button FAL (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=282911)

1turbo February 18, 2010 18:31

Bullet Button FAL

Here we go again, is anybody making a bullet button for the FAL that allows the upper to hinge far enough foward to remove the bolt?
Thanks,

Jason762 February 18, 2010 19:43

Not to my knowledge.

PM TheDrickel, he'd be able to tell you.

gunnut1 February 23, 2010 16:18

IF you use the frame lock lever, then it should henge forward to remove the bolt and carrier. If it is not hinging forward enough to remove the bolt and carrier, then you have a problem.

And what is a bullet button?

Abominog February 23, 2010 16:33

Re: Bullet Button FAL

Quote:

Originally posted by 1turbo
Here we go again, is anybody making a bullet button for the FAL that allows the upper to hinge far enough foward to remove the bolt?
Thanks,

How can this be again? That is your first post.

DYNOMIKE February 23, 2010 16:36

Re: Bullet Button FAL

Quote:

Originally posted by 1turbo
Thanks,

WHAT are you talking about??
Removal of the B/BC is easy as PIE....
That's why there's Hinge Pin..

ThunderGod February 23, 2010 18:38

"Bullet-button" is for Cali-compliance, to remove the magazine "using a tool." OP is asking if the rifle can open far enough to remove the bolt with a mag fixed in place.

Yes, it can. No, to my knowledge, bullet-button latches are not available, except as one-offs and custom made parts. YMMV.

gunnut1 February 23, 2010 18:48

Why shouldn't he be able to open it far enough with a mag in place?

He needs a stripper top cover.

1turbo February 23, 2010 19:40

Bullet Button

I think the term bullet button is used more freely with the AR platform, where a mag release device is used to prevent the mags from being dropped out with just the press of the mag release button. To be CA compliant a special button is made which requires a pointed tool or a loaded round to be inserted into this device to remove the 10 round mag. It seems the FAL is more dificult to build a guard to prevent finger manipulation of the mag release. The ones I've seen are bent up sheet metal boxes that cover the lever but do interfear with the opening of the action, they all hit the trigger guard which prevents full opening which can be a problem.
The "again" in this question is, I have seen questions about the bullet button on FALs in several forums over the past few years.
I have made a few that I think will please BATF ? DOJ? with just a small modification to the trigger guard and (2) 6-32 tapped holes.
Is there anybody here in the Peoples Republic of California that is willing to colaborate on this part?

thedrickel February 23, 2010 23:23

PRK Arms has a new one out that will allow the lower to pivot enough to remove the bolt/carrier, they say. Haven't seen one in person yet. I think they are $45. I haven't made a run of my old ones in a while, people still bug me for them because they are cheap and reliable so I will probably do a small run soon.

John Culver February 24, 2010 02:26

Quote:

Originally posted by thedrickel
PRK Arms has a new one out that will allow the lower to pivot enough to remove the bolt/carrier, they say. Haven't seen one in person yet. I think they are $45. I haven't made a run of my old ones in a while, people still bug me for them because they are cheap and reliable so I will probably do a small run soon.
can email them here: info@prkarms.org and sales@prkarms.org

gunnut1 February 24, 2010 17:29

I guess I am missing something here. Should not the lower pivot or the upper pivot enough to remove the bolt with a mag in place? Or does the bullet button thing get in the way.

RacerRTR February 24, 2010 18:08

Contact Rich at CGWguns.com, he makes a mag release with a set screw that is CA compliant. Just another option.:whiskey:

arctic2 February 27, 2010 00:26

Just recently put one from PRK on my G1. Work's great and you can remove bolt with it on.