The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   CZ Firearms - Czech it out! (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Got a VZ58 kit, What is missing? (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=428351)

Ghost June 04, 2018 16:54

Got a VZ58 kit, What is missing?
 
I know I'm late to the VZ game, but it was a now or never. I broke down and got a kit from Arms of America.
I've got a fixed stock on the way.
I believe I'm missing the 2 pins for the front sight.
I also believe I'm missing the pin and detente that retain the captive pin for the dust cover.
I am unsure of what else may be missing, so I'm providing 2 detail pictures and an over view picture.
Please advise.
Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/0pPaZ2Fl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5vjQ3Gnl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/p6o4RNrl.jpg

Ok looks like I have the top cover detente after all, its just longer than I'd expected. looks like it doesn't use a spring???

Any idea where to get a new (over sized) barrel pin? and the trigger guard rivets?

ftierson June 05, 2018 00:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost (Post 4590858)
I know I'm late to the VZ game, but it was a now or never. I broke down and got a kit from Arms of America.
I've got a fixed stock on the way.
I believe I'm missing the 2 pins for the front sight.
I also believe I'm missing the pin and detente that retain the captive pin for the dust cover.
I am unsure of what else may be missing, so I'm providing 2 detail pictures and an over view picture.
Please advise.
Thanks
https://i.imgur.com/0pPaZ2Fl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5vjQ3Gnl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/p6o4RNrl.jpg

Ok looks like I have the top cover detente after all, its just longer than I'd expected. looks like it doesn't use a spring???

Any idea where to get a new (over sized) barrel pin? and the trigger guard rivets?

The original barrel pins were about 0.136"

The replacement barrel pins that Czechpoint supplies for building kits with the D-Technik receiver is about 0.158" The receiver is dimpled to indicate where the barrel pin hole is milled/drilled.

The long receiver cover detent has it's bottom end resting on the long finger of the trigger feather spring. Looking down into the receiver from the top with the front forward, the right hand finger extends rearward into the opening at the rear of the receiver and the detent comes down it's hole from the top and rests on this spring.

Forrest

Ghost June 05, 2018 01:15

Thank you ftierson,
I think some things would be more self evident if I had a receiver in hand.
I just missed out on the CNC Warrior run. Hoping they do another run.

From what I gather the FCG I chose will be contingent on the receiver I find? Original axis pins vs. proprietary.

raubvogel June 17, 2018 23:20

If you want to do a test fit of all the parts you have on the cheap, to make sure you are not missing anything,

https://www.clearviewinvest.com/akdu...composite.aspx

Ghost June 18, 2018 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by raubvogel (Post 4596628)
If you want to do a test fit of all the parts you have on the cheap, to make sure you are not missing anything,

https://www.clearviewinvest.com/akdu...composite.aspx

thats neat, thanks for the link.

I got in on the very end of the new CNC warrior receiver run, so I've got a receiver shipping today!

raubvogel June 20, 2018 15:15

Congratulations, Ghost. I was not even aware CNC warrior was doing another run. He makes good stuff but his prices make IMBEL receivers look cheap at times. :cry:

Ghost June 20, 2018 19:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by raubvogel (Post 4597844)
Congratulations, Ghost. I was not even aware CNC warrior was doing another run. He makes good stuff but his prices make IMBEL receivers look cheap at times. :cry:

I almost missed out on it. Now I need to figure out the tooling I'll need to get it all together, primarily pressing the barrel. Actually looks like a pretty easy build.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
©1998-2018 The FAL Files