The FAL Files

The FAL Files (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ammunition (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   22 is Back (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416910)

Bug Tussell July 11, 2017 16:47

22 is Back

Checked out a Wally around Baden PA. Lots of 22 LR. No box limit. Checked out a Wally in Shelby MI today - not as much as the Baden Wally but around 20 boxes or so...

LYCAN July 11, 2017 17:08

priced @ ???

James July 15, 2017 22:36

WM here in the southern part of Dallas has had plenty of 22. One store had four buckets of the 1400 round for $73.

James

medicmike July 15, 2017 22:45

Hit Cabela's in Eugene, OR yesterday....looked like they had a pretty good stock of .22 on the shelf. Been months since I have been in a Wal Mart so I can't vouch for them.

hueyville July 16, 2017 09:50

Been buying specialty rimfire like Aguila Sniper Subsonics, Federal Premium Ultra Match and others for basically same prices as pre Sandy Hook panic for some time. Was odd for a while as for a period of time premium ammo and bottom tier plinking ammo were within $10 per brick of each other. Plinking ammo has hit $29 per brick most everywhere I shop and $24.99 online. Got an email recently with one day special on Federal plinking fodder for $22.99 a brick, four brick limit and free shipping. Rang out a batch in my name and another in wifes. Expect it to go back under $20 per brick soon. Darn glad sold so much when people were paying $100 per brick, no questions asked. Started to second guess myself at one point so slowed selling just in case. Knew the Wallyworld lurkers that hovered from 11 pm till after midnight waiting for ammo to get stocked, buy it all to keep prices up and resell at gunshows or gunbroker would eventually not be able to keep up. More that piles on shelves, more prices will drop. Question is where it will bottom out. $25 per brick now, Federal Automatch cartons at $18.99 and soon be a buyers market again. Glad I had enough to survive, sell and keep my Boy Scouts in free rimfire. Blew the troop leaders minds that all the troops I work with always got to shoot and wasn't stingy when some kids were having trouble and burning lots of ammo. Now to work on replacing soon as price seems to stabilize.

ALL FAL July 16, 2017 15:58

Looking fwd to the neckbeards losing on the ammo prices.

It is SO good to see .22 on the shelves again and when the prices get decent will keep slowly stocking it up as always.

LYCAN July 16, 2017 16:50

:neckbeard:

Tuscan Raider July 16, 2017 19:43

Cabelas on the WA/ID border on I-90 has tons.

CCI just opened a brand spanking new $70mil
rim fire plant in Lewiston. Hopefully not much
problem with supply anymore.

Gazz July 17, 2017 12:46

The LGS has plenty but I never see it at Walmart.

ALL FAL July 17, 2017 14:36

Got some STINGERS been years since it was on the shelf.

The CCI mini mags too were on the shelf, No limits. Only diff. I see is the price has gone UP.