PDA

View Full Version : $99 Yugo Mauser??

TopSec29
July 19, 2001, 22:30
A little while ago I read here that someone was selling these for $99.00 but they were not posted on the site. Does anyone remember who had them??

MK ULTRA
July 19, 2001, 22:52
Cole at http://www.cole-distributing.com/ had them for $99 + $20 for hand picked.....

MK ULTRA......OUT :D :D :D

rob1
July 20, 2001, 01:56
Dont pay the twenty bucks for the handpick, mine and everyone on the c-r-ffl list that has ordered one has gotten an absolutely brand spanking new rifle. Haven't shot mine yet, but am hoping to this weekend.

FALfanatic
July 20, 2001, 07:44
I believe Aim Surplus www.aimsurplus.com (http://www.aimsurplus.com) has them also. I received a flier yesterday but don't have it front of me to confirm.

I bought a one of these rifles a few months ago from a local dealer for $130 w/ the accessory pack - it appears to be unfired and I feel it was a good value.

Two problems I am having though: After field stripping to clean, I can't get the safety to function - it is always in the fire mode. Second,when cocked, the bolt/firing pin strike is very weak - doubt it would ignite the primer. Both these functions worked when I bought the gun so I must have done something during field strip/assembly.

Anyway, good luck on your purchase.

[ July 20, 2001: Message edited by: FALfanatic ]

Rule .308
July 20, 2001, 08:42
I ordered one of Coles' M48As up and it is the nicest mauser I have seen. Absolutely unissued and comes with all the accessories EXCEPT the bayonet.

DABTL
July 20, 2001, 09:28
The best in Mausers comes from Sarco.

The Iranian (Persian) Mausers were built at the CZ plant in Brno before WWII. They are amazing weapons.

The Yugos are refinished or salvaged Nazi production from WWII.

Sajer1
July 20, 2001, 09:38
Originally posted by Bill:
<STRONG>The best in Mausers comes from Sarco.

The Iranian (Persian) Mausers were built at the CZ plant in Brno before WWII. They are amazing weapons.

The Yugos are refinished or salvaged Nazi production from WWII.</STRONG>

I agree with the Persians. The cost is a bit higher but well worth it.
I have owned M-48,Kar98,and the VZ persian. My least favorite would be the M-48 style.

WJ-Polish Guy
July 20, 2001, 17:08
<STRONG>The best in Mausers comes from Sarco.

The Yugos are refinished or salvaged Nazi production from WWII.</STRONG>

OK Bill, you know I do not like to point out you plain wrong, but someone has to do it. Better my than Derek! Hehe...
First of all those Persians are sold by SAMCO Global here in Miami, not by Sarco.

As for so call Yugo Mausers one have to be very careful, the best to use model designation.
You for example talk bout Yugo rebulid K98k, while others bout M48 and M48A.
One may talk about M24/47 or VZ24/52 also. All above are Yugo crested Mausers of DIFFERENT manufacturers and models.

Now, if M48 and M48A are concerned, those are postwar new production. Mostly did not saw much use. Condition like new or excellent are common. I personaly have two M48A from Cole, both in excelent condition. Not refinished/arsenaled, all mathing. I highly recommand to anybody that rifle.
One should expect to spend some time dehorning the stock and refining the action, but those are blast from the past, especialy for $100. After you done, people will stop at your table at the range and bother you about that guns.. hehe..
Last time I had only 40rds of Bulgy ammo, but man I had a fun. Just today I got case of 375rds genuine Yugo ammo from CDNN for less than $40 delivered. I will be it blasting tommorow.
Do not go cheap with that Turk junk, it shoot 6 MOA and people report exstraction and zero problem in M48`s with those....

DO PAY handpick, as Cole send lately some good conditions or less too, we talking six weeks to late here...

WJ-Polish Guy
July 20, 2001, 17:17
Originally posted by Sajer1:
<STRONG>

I agree with the Persians. The cost is a bit higher but well worth it.
I have owned M-48,Kar98,and the VZ persian. My least favorite would be the M-48 style.</STRONG>

Excuze me Sir, but we are comparing aples to oranges here.
For excelent condition K98k one should expect to pay $900 while for Persian $500. All that in Amerikan dollar. Now how it compare to $99 M48??? Huhhh...?

Accuracy and servicability of all above will be the same, exeplt for Persian as you have to have station wagon to cary it alround hahaha.. :p

DABTL
July 20, 2001, 19:29
Assuming all that WJ says is true: Why not get the best for about $150 more?

If as WJ says is true, that these Yugos are not Nazi leftovers and assuming what he says is true, that they are absolutely new, which is better?

The Iranian is better. Look at the front sight and the rest of the gun.

I own all the Yugo's myself. The Iranian is far and away the better gun. The workmanship on it is twice the Yugo.

Sorry, WJ, I have a lot of respect for you and your opinions but the Iranian is head and shoulders above the Yugo.

gates
July 20, 2001, 20:17
Hey Bill,

WJ is spot on! i just and i mean JUST got a persian from samco and 2 m48as from coles

the persian is in a different class Bill you know that-millwork is superb as is the furniture-unfortunately they appear to be getting to the bottom of the bbl inventory wise-my "special select" w/bayo was about $250 delivered it was WELL used and had surface flash rust that was easily removed but the bore is fine-though def. not the new/pristeen folks have been talking about in this grade of rifle.

now to the yugos-1 dark teak 1 blond teak
not new! the yugos took these babies out every 5 yrs and shot and cleaned them id say both of mine rate 99%.

if you want the beauty of a superbly crafted firearm cough the 500 bones and get an unissued persian(the lesser grades are disappointing when you are buying the pc to admire it)-or

if you want a kickass blaster that is in virtually new condition(these ARE NOT reworks Bill) for $100(107 delivered to a c&r in az) call coles and buy the m48a - you will NOT regret it i promise!

aj

WJ-Polish Guy
July 20, 2001, 20:40
<STRONG>Assuming all that WJ says is true: Why not get the best for about $150 more?

If as WJ says is true, that these Yugos are not Nazi leftovers and assuming what he says is true, that they are absolutely new, which is better?

The Iranian is better. Look at the front sight and the rest of the gun.

I own all the Yugo's myself. The Iranian is far and away the better gun. The workmanship on it is twice the Yugo.

Sorry, WJ, I have a lot of respect for you and your opinions but the Iranian is head and shoulders above the Yugo.</STRONG>

Hey Bill! I know you have to have genuine German K98k. Now get your M48 and lay it next to K98k, what do you see?... Dammit! Reciver and bolt is shorter!.... That devil Yugos must been shrinking those battle fields pickups! hehe :p

I do AGREE that Persian is better made gun. But I say third time M48A is a better BUY!
At least for me, average shooter, not a collector... Peace! :cool:

armedpeasant
July 22, 2001, 18:22
Is it just me, or is Bill's cat flippin' us off???

EMDII
July 22, 2001, 18:51
Originally posted by armedpeasant:
<STRONG>Is it just me, or is Bill's cat flippin' us off???</STRONG>

Be alert; the world needs more lerts!
:p

capkid
July 22, 2001, 18:54
I like my 38 turkish!
CDNN investments have a couple mod mausers.
Good prices.
capkid

DABTL
July 22, 2001, 19:24
WJ: I have a number of K98's, 98k's and G43's.

I got M48's & M48A's along with the earlier Pred models. They all shoot fine.

The Iranian is a fine shooter as well.

My favorite is the CZ98/22 with a scope. I paid $60 and had sledgehammer blue it. Shoot like crazy.

I am taking the CZ and Hakim to Houston the fourth just for fun.

WJ-Polish Guy
July 22, 2001, 19:55
Tha bombocloth! I had a blast with my Yugos on Saturday!

Finaly on Friday I got Yugo ammo I ordered weeks ago from CDNN. Turned out dummie salesperson sended it on my previous adress. I beged them since Jan. to correct that in computer, as they send my flyers for both adresses and nighbors sometimes brough it to me.
Finaly after long wait, I got pissed off, but lady from shipping made it right. I got ammo within three days. Good, as I can continue doing bussines with them...

Anyway Yugo ammo shoot good in Yugo rifles.
It has havier 198gr bullet in which guns are zeroed. Other popular stuff Turk and Bulgy have 150 gr bullets and some report problems with zero.
Yugo ammo look good, bright and shiney, altrough had some old oil, gunk, or something on it, and I had wipe rounds clean.
Bulgy stuff on the other hand, looked like manufactured yesterday, as it is vaccum sealed. It came loaded on stripper clips, which is big plus... but it is very noisy and produce large fireball.
At the end I liked Yugo ammo better.
My two M48A were sharpest looking surpluss that day on the range, made papa proud :D

Sajer1
July 23, 2001, 21:06
Originally posted by WJ-Polish Guy:
<STRONG>

Excuze me Sir, but we are comparing aples to oranges here.
For excelent condition K98k one should expect to pay $900 while for Persian $500. All that in Amerikan dollar. Now how it compare to $99 M48??? Huhhh...?

Accuracy and servicability of all above will be the same, exeplt for Persian as you have to have station wagon to cary it alround hahaha.. :p</STRONG>

If you just want a shooter than the M-48 is fine.I prefer the Kar98 syle better,and you can still find them with Yugo crest for under $150 in v.g. shape.
I paid $200 for my Persian in unfired and near mint condition. Some hadling marks from them stacking them on top of each other.

Excellent condition Kar98K can be found for under $900! I should know I just bought a BYF42 in near excellent condition for $400.And I saw a BYF43 ata show two months later in slightly less condition for $475. These were all matching and NON-IMPORTS.

And your right the Persian is no carbine.

July 23, 2001, 21:25
Whar's the difference between the M48 and M48A?

My favorite is the Czech Brno. Just work the action, it sounds so sweeeet.

[ July 24, 2001: Message edited by: 1006587 ]