PDA

View Full Version : So what are the chances Williams Arms will make a.....

Farmer from Hell
August 17, 2001, 01:45
....5.56 Aluminium FAL that takes AR mags like the Springfield SAR 4800 guns. I think it would be a huge market for them.

FfH

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: Farmer from Hell ]

RRotz
August 17, 2001, 01:50
Offer just the kit too and must have barrels as well. I'd buy several just to have for a rainy day!

Dwight, I have A SAR4800 in .223 you can copy if U want. Open Offer.

:D

Hootbro
August 17, 2001, 01:52
I say slim to none unless they are going to tool up for all the other 5.56 parts. Takes alot more than just a receiver to make a 5.56 FAL.

Hootbro

raexcct2
August 17, 2001, 04:35
I'd buy at least one, probably two, if Williams Arms made it. Oh what the hell, two for sure and a parts kit for spares. Got to have them spare parts.

Radio
August 17, 2001, 22:36
What special receiver, Hootbro?? Use the regular standard-issue Alumalite receiver just as it comes off the production line already in existence. Sell them for .308 FALs, sell them for .223 FALs, it don't make no never mind.

You WILL need:
*special barrel;
*special bolt and extractor;
*special magwell insert in order to accept standard M16/AR15 mags.
The barrel shouldn't present much of a challenge. The bolt might be harder, may have to be machined from scratch, as I am not sure a .308 bolt could be adapted. The magwell insert is, at least, not a stressed part and would simply require some intensive machining. The entire remainder of the rifle can be standard FAL.

The Alumalite receiver and the .223 application were made for each other like peanut butter and jelly, like George and Gracie, like baseball and hotdogs. And they should prove to be as popular as the dogs, somebody could sell a BUNCH of these!!! This is one of the most natural companion markets I can think of. I hope Williams takes up the challenge, and SOON!!! How about it, gentlemen??

--Radio