PDA

View Full Version : ? for para kit from gpc

moses
July 17, 2001, 22:28
anyone else got theirs yet? do they expect us to be able to use the allen head screw for the pistol grip stud? and whats the washer for? any help would be greatly appreciated! looks like I'll be making myself one. :confused:

Brian in MN
July 18, 2001, 08:52
Moses, the screw goes in "upside down" compared to the Stg style mounted stud. You insert the allen wrench into the pistol grip and screw the threaded end of the bolt into the lower kinda like an AK grip. The washer goes in between the bolt head and the pistol grip. When the rifle is completely assembled you should be able to see the allen bolt head by simply looking up into the bottom of the PG.

R4 fan
July 18, 2001, 09:54
Actually, there are two versions (that I know of) of the GPC para kits (I bought two kits). :D

I have a para lower that looks like it was made from a STG58, and one that is Argentine(?).

I got some pics I took at work last night, and I'll be posting them here later on (when I get back from the chiropractor). ;)

[ July 18, 2001: Message edited by: R4 fan ]

Cruzado
July 18, 2001, 16:09
Had no idea there were different styles floating around from GPC (learn sumpin' new evree day from youse guyz on this board). Both mine have the standard PG stud, so am I right in assuming they're StG-58 lowers?

v/r, Cruzado

R4 fan
July 18, 2001, 16:43
Cruzado,

I believe your lower is from a STG58. Check out my pics of the two in the general discussion forum.

moses
July 18, 2001, 16:54
thanks for the help I actually figured it out today at work and came home and tried it! I was making it much more difficult than it is. DUH! :eek: