PDA

View Full Version : Sights

kfeltenberger
August 15, 2001, 14:40
I know several companies make tritium sights for the AR-15 series of rifles, but does anyone make them for the FAL? I could WECSOG a workaround using the TNT Armory FAL Tactical sight that uses AR parts, but that still leaves the front sight.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

EMDII
August 15, 2001, 14:46
Trick is getting the phials of tritium'phosphor gas. I tried two international vendors, who declined at the time.

Getting your own tritium license is difficult, but not impossible,

jimmyjoebob
August 15, 2001, 15:39
i just wish we could find a front sight at the least, I know some companies make HK/AR front sights, I figured it would be easy for them to make an FAL sight Has anyone contacted PT night sites? I know they do custom work at pretty good prices, and they did put sites on my TZ99

TNT ARmoury
August 15, 2001, 16:50
I'm messing with an extra front sight base, filled with black Accu-Glass, then drilled and tapped for the M16 front sight and detent assy.

jimmyjoebob
August 15, 2001, 17:01
TNT-
keep us posted, I have noticed that PT nite sites does has a AR/M 15/16 application, will that rear fit into one of your sites? I was thinking about getting your rear sight and ordering the rear nite site for a bday present to myself, and getting a front site when they are avaliable.

james

TNT ARmoury
August 15, 2001, 17:09
I get my sight parts through a local DPMS distributor. I've received 2 different width apertures. The second order, I had to go back, open the aperture slot a bit, then reparkerize. I don't finish my sights until I get the apertures in hand.

Best would be to send me the aperture for exact fitting.

mp
August 15, 2001, 18:43
Can someone post a good pic of the AR type tritium front sight. Does it use a vertical pill, or is the front post lengthened horizontally and a horizontal pill added? Thanks--I'm on a mission.

TNT ARmoury
August 15, 2001, 18:59
The Mepros I had, were standard heigth front sight post, with the top separate from the base. You would zero it as normal, then press the detent half-way down, to swivel the top so the vial faced the operator.