PDA

View Full Version : Need computer help, Please!!!

paintballmagnet
February 08, 2003, 00:08
Here's my problem: I now have two ISP providers. My wife accidently (didn't know it would cause problems) installed Earthlink ISP on my computer. I can no longer send e-messages and have some other problems. How can I uninstall this ISP? I've tried to contact Earthlink by land line but their help service doesn't seem to have the correct answers. Its sorta like them asking if I walk to school or carry my lunch. Can't e-mail them for any relief, I receive error messages when attempting e-mails. If anyone can help with this, I'll gladly pay them for their trouble. Thanks!

M1Tanker
February 08, 2003, 00:12
What error messages? What email program?

Chris

sslocal
February 08, 2003, 00:14
Have you looked in your control panel under Add/Remove programs? This may clear up the problem of the unauthorized install. As to the e-mail you may well have to reset it if the earthlink install has altered it.

M1Tanker
February 08, 2003, 00:25
Yeah, make sure you uninstall Earthlink. Check your email program under tools-->accounts and make sure your old email info is still there. If you see Earthlink stuff, just delete the account. If you are using Outlook instead of Outlook Express, this would be under Tools-->services.

Chris

paintballmagnet
February 08, 2003, 00:29
The e-mail that is down is Microsoft Messenger. Also I might add that I'm really close to being an Idiot when it comes to computer usage. I'm one of those that resisted them as long as I could out of fear from not knowing didly squat about them. I now know just enough to get myself in BIG trouble! Thanks for the replies!

Dr. Nick Riviera
February 08, 2003, 00:35
what windoze format?

Tim McBride
February 08, 2003, 00:52
Originally posted by paintballmagnet
The e-mail that is down is Microsoft Messenger. Also I might add that I'm really close to being an Idiot when it comes to computer usage. I'm one of those that resisted them as long as I could out of fear from not knowing didly squat about them. I now know just enough to get myself in BIG trouble! Thanks for the replies!
Which email program? Do you mean Outlook express or Netscape Messenger? Also what version of windows?
Also you an call your ISP that provides the email you WANT to get and they should walk you through on how to get your email working properaly.

Brindfan
February 08, 2003, 01:04
Yes, call the ISP you actually use and tell them your problem. They should be able to help you.

Sounds like the Earthlink software added a new "identity" to your E-mail client. I would need to know what E-mail client(Outlook Express, Eudora, Netscape Messenger) you use before I would attempt to help.

paintballmagnet
February 08, 2003, 05:02
My messenger is outlook express. Thanks for all the help. Just as soon as i get some sleep, I'll try to get things fixed. Thanks a bunch!

FALbert
February 08, 2003, 07:02
FORMAT C:

Just kidding :D