PDA

View Full Version : I need a competent, reliable webmaster...

RMLamey
January 29, 2003, 18:59
I am in need of a competent web master to update, make changes and simply maintain my web site. I would do it myself, and may if it comes to that. The primary job would be adding knives to my for sale section, about monthly, and making a change here and there as i see fit etc.

Any how, looking for some one that can add pics/changes in a TIMELY manner. Have had horrible luck so far, any one interested email me. If you can not add a picture in my for sale section within 24 hours of when you recieve it, dont waste my time or yours.

Thanks.

EmbassyMarine
January 29, 2003, 19:19
How about giving us your web site so we can take a look at what you have going and what needs to be done.??

Mosin Guy
January 29, 2003, 19:21
http://www.lameyknives.com/

RMLamey
January 29, 2003, 19:56
Embassy Marine, it is at the bottom of my posting. Thanks Mosin Guy. :fal:

Doubleought
January 30, 2003, 09:58
I showed your post to my wife. Check out her site and shoot her an e-mail. May be just what you're looking for!

http://www.webdesignandmore.com/

RMLamey
January 30, 2003, 10:19
thanks Doubleought, will check it out.

Antares
January 30, 2003, 12:28
I could do that ...

www.targetweb.net

email me thru the board if interested

edited to add: I also work for product :bow:

slash-5
January 30, 2003, 15:01
I use the guy at www.bander.net He's great.

derek
January 31, 2003, 21:22
I can do the webmaster stuff for ya. I can also host it and provide programming (perl, php) for dynamic content (used to own a webhosting/programming) company... I think it was said before - I would be willing to work for trade on your swanky weaponsmith skills.

Drop me a note - djhunt at uberh4x0r dot org (personal) or at my work addie derek.hunt at yale dot edu (the email addies have been obfuscated to attempt to fool spam crawlers).

- Derek

Deltaten
February 01, 2003, 11:54
Geeze Guys! I'm totally lost at this "web site" stuff :(

I've looked at some of the "pro" solutions offered, and they are nice. But what's a simpleton like me to do w/his "personal" web space? I put it "up" last year to host pix, before the new photo posting here. I haven't been able to access it since the new comp went online, due to software issues.
I got the requisite "web for dummies", and all it did was confuse me! Now I'm stuck w/two lousy pix on the "index" page, and no way or time to change 'em. I'd like to update and "remodel" the site, but from the looks of it, I'm stuck.

Anybody wanna run a P/Web 101 class? :D

Best,
Paul

EmbassyMarine
February 02, 2003, 04:47
Deltaten

who is hosting your 'pics'..? You need the password to access it.
and a web editor of some sort..
give us a clue.!!

Deltaten
February 02, 2003, 15:34
It's my personal allotment (10 meg) on my ISP server. Since the new machine upgrade to XP Home, I (and thier techs) can't get thier software to bring up the familiar icons, w/the FTP button. I went to FTP.com, and they sold out to a larger Co. and want a fee after a certain date for a free trial. ISP says "just download the free-ware". D'oh! Just more crap for me to screw up.

Even before the crash, I couldn't figger out how to change/add pages, etc. Now I can't even acces the list of pix,to be able to list as [IMG] stuff.

http://home.dejazzd.com/deltaten

is the addy. Don't remember if I have it password protected. I've got more there, just not showing.

I'd like to have a decent place to put "public" display items for family and friends. What I don't have is time to fart around learning a new language and tech stuff just to show some stinkin' pix. Hell!, I just learned how to use the FTP thing right before it crashed. Between 50+ hrs at work, e-mail maint, tank orders, gunshows, reloading, small amts of shooting, family stuff and of course here; when the hell do I find time to construct a web-site?

Doesn't XP have a "generator" on board?

Best,
Paul

EmbassyMarine
February 02, 2003, 16:24
check you pm's