PDA

View Full Version : Legal: Entreprise StG-58C preban?

dodyern
December 28, 2002, 03:39
Did Entreprise make any pre-ban StG58's? My current StG 58 rifle has a flash hider like my FN and accepts FN bayonet. I work as a probation officer and I would not want to own an illegal rifle (kinda career limiting maneuver). I bought the rifle from a local gun shop that said it was a pre-ban, but I have a friend that told me he does not think so.

EMDII
December 28, 2002, 09:05
IIRC, IF your rifle has the Irwindale CA markings, then you have a post-ban StG-58C. Entreprise made pre-bans in their previous facility. Entreprise started making receivers in 1992. The only SURE way to know if you pre-date the AW ban is by sending Lawrence the SN and asking. But the rule-of-thumb about the pre-Irwindale receivers is a good guide.

AFAIK, my latest reference for pre-ban is SN 0012xx. These were made between 11/93 & 02/94. So this SN approaches the 04 Ban efffective date. In addition, IIRC ALL pre-ban SNs have an "EAI" prefix directly before the SN. They are ALL supposedly L1A1 Inch receivers.

So, your rifle is probably a post-ban, but again go to the website HERE (http://www.entreprise.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi) and join and ask Lawrence. He is VERY helpful. Give him as much info as possible about your rifle. You may have some trasnitional model.

As a PO, you also may have certain rights that we mere citizens somehow have lost. Not your frault, so take advantage IF they apply. While serving, IIRC LEOs can have post-94 AWs, so long as you comply w/ the ATF reg. IF you go to the ATF site you'll be able to look through the GCA 68 and the USC.

PS- ENTREPRISE is spelled a little different!
:wink:

I alos want you to bookmark this "Eureka!" thread link (http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60277) for all the FAQs questions.

Welcome! You have been assimilated!

Texas-AR-Fan
December 30, 2002, 18:27
Glad to see you join us Dodyern, especially since I am the "friend" who told you that I think the rifle is probably a post-ban gun! Welcome aboard, I have found nothing but friends here and they know a heck of a lot more about the FAL than I ever will.

justashooter
January 25, 2003, 15:37
saw an entreprise receivered L1A1 kit gun in evil config at a show today, and though it is unlikely that it is preban (as advertised by the seller), so i am looking for educated opinions. i don't have any entreprise guns, so have never paid them any mind, but on the odd chance...

the receiver is marked

ENTREPRISE BUENA PARK CA.
(sn) EAI 0024XX

what do you think, guys?

W.E.G.
January 25, 2003, 16:19
It is possible that this is a pre-ban.

Only the Irwindale receivers are for-sure post-ban.

See http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60419&highlight=entreprise+preban

justashooter
January 25, 2003, 19:32
researching this question, i have come to the conclusion that the reciever is pre, but that the ten parts rule applies if the parts were imported after 11/90. so it seems that even if it were possible to prove that the parts were post 90, i would simply have to verify the parts count. anybody want to come help?

think i'll buy it

3doghouse
January 26, 2003, 08:30
PS- ENTREPRISE is spelled a little different!

I alos want you to...

Entreprise & Also:wink:

EMDII
January 27, 2003, 12:45
Originally posted by 3doghouse
Entreprise & Also:wink:

:rofl:

xk319
May 01, 2003, 02:40
Originally posted by gary.jeter
It is possible that this is a pre-ban.

Only the Irwindale receivers are for-sure post-ban.

See http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60419&highlight=entreprise+preban

My receiver is marked Irwindale and was verified pre-ban by Enterprise. Was made the summer before the ban.

Aifwikir
May 01, 2003, 03:44
I also have a (verified) Irwindale Pre-Ban L1A1 receiver'd rifle. Some Early Irwindale 'Receivers' are pre-ban made but verification is needed to comfirm rifle is preban made. Lawrence can tell you 'when' the receiver was made and if it was sold as a rifle or receiver only! Tracking down the rifle date can be tedious and frustrating but worth the work in some cases. It took me a couple months to track mine down.

:D
Aif

xk319
May 03, 2003, 07:53
How did you track the "sold as rifle or receiver" answer down? I was only able to find out the manufacture date.

Blackjack1
September 10, 2003, 22:11
My Enterprise inch receiver also was verified to be Pre ban and has the EAI before the s#(0034xx), the parts kit is all dated mid 60's.

Horseman
September 11, 2003, 08:48
My L1A1 Entre'prise is Irwindale marked, ser # 0027XX range-may '94 manufacture. I call these "grey area" prebans. It seems like if you are the original owner, you'll be OK with original configuration. Selling it as a preban is the sticky part. I had the kit prior to the '89 ban, but kit ser #s were never recorded anyway.