PDA

View Full Version : Ident: Type A lower receiver?

Flapjack
January 23, 2003, 20:05
Hello all.........

I'm new with the fal's , but I've put quite a few AR's together.
I just purchased my first kit from tapco. It's a G1 kit, and I have a question. I am considering using DSA's newer x-series buttstock, but the lower that came with my kit looks slightly different than all the pictures I see.

The pictures I see show the aft face of the receiver flat (where the buttstock meets ). My receiver has a stepped-down area right before it meets the stock (the step runs parallel with the frame lock lever / from top to bottom).

So after all that, my question is: is this normal / what type of receiver is this? Will standard DSA furniture fit this lower ?

Thanks for all your help !!!!!:(

Archer47
January 24, 2003, 03:50
Sounds like you may have a L1A1 lower.

Flapjack
January 24, 2003, 18:09
Archer.................

As far as I can tell it is a metric lower, ( metric type selector, grip, ect... ). I've been looking all over for a pic for identification, but I still havent found one yet. I would post a pic , but not sure how to.:o

looking for some help fellas, thanks!

Dirtfarmer
January 24, 2003, 23:33
Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!

.... You have a Type A lower. I will give you cash plus a great G1 lower in trade if you are willing to part with it.

...Seriously.

Type A were used on the earliest FALs' and are "metric" in spec.

Please E-mail me, ...I would give it a loving, appreciative home... :)

Goodwill,
-Dirtfarmer(Matt)

Brian in MN
January 25, 2003, 01:14
Have you found a butt for that there lower yet, DF?

NZ L1A1 Collector
January 25, 2003, 03:29
Here's a pic of the early TMH (Lower) that was made for the TYPE 'A' butts.

It's not 'incorrect' to have the later types of butts (B, C & D), it just looks ugly....... the ONLY butt that will 'hide' the step is the TYPE 'A' butt and these butts are rare due to the 'wings' breaking off and the butt being replaced with the later models.

X8E1 TMH:-

NZ L1A1 Collector
January 25, 2003, 03:34
Later Model 50.00 TMH (ex Israeli issue):-

TREEGUNNER
March 06, 2003, 16:16
Originally posted by NZ L1A1 Collector
Later Model 50.00 TMH (ex Israeli issue):-
Does this later type lower require a different type receiver i.e.Type 1 or Type 3?

(Sorry Flapjack I didn't mean to HI-Jack your thread)

DakTo
March 06, 2003, 19:29
The lower receiver you are mentioning does sound like an A type that appeared on the early E1. I found one and the butt stock in a Canadian shop several years ago and built up an almost perfect
E1 replica with it. Nice find.