PDA

View Full Version : J. Holmes - Contact me IMMEDIATELY

FAL Files Administrator
January 24, 2001, 14:47
Mr Holmes,

I have called repeatedly and left numerous answering machine messages, as well as apparently getting you on the phone today only to be hung up on.

You need to contact me immediately regarding the refinishing auction. The person who won this auction has not yet received their kit back, refinished or not, and it has been some time that this problem has remained unresolved. This puts me in a very precarious position.. I have received funds for the service you offered up for auction and the person who won has sent you their Kit and Mags but can't seem to get them back from you or to even get a response from you. This has put me in a position where I share in some of the legal responsibility for you to fulfill your part in the auction, providing the services promised. If you do not contact me then I will have no option available but to pursue this legal action. I do not wish to pursue this matter thru legal means, but if I do not hear from you or if I can not contact you via phone on this matter within 24 hours I feel I will have no other option.

This situation will affect all future auctions that are held on this site no mater what the final outcome is. I will no longer accept auction offers from individuals unless it is for a product that is to be sent to the FAL Files so that I can guarantee delivery on payment. Offers to auction services in support of this site will no longer be accepted unless from a known and reputible dealer/vendor.

Jen
FAL Files Administrator
FALFiles@fnfal.com

FAL Files Administrator
January 25, 2001, 15:38
Mr Homes,

Hanging up on me when I call or taking your phone off the hook when I'm just trying to resolve this matter is only exacerbting the problem.

If we can't work this problem out with you then there will be no other recourse available to us but legal action, criminal charges or both. I honestly do not want to see it come to this.

Last chance Mr Holmes.

Jen
FAL Files Administrator

Kent
January 25, 2001, 16:44
Jen,

Please be sure to let us all know exactly who this guy is so he can be avoided in the future.

timbo40
January 25, 2001, 17:49
What a putz. Must be a Klinton Democrat. http://www.fnfal.com/forums/frown.gif

CC
January 25, 2001, 18:22
Sounds like a Paul Podhorn clone...CC

FAL Files Administrator
January 25, 2001, 19:05
I got ahold of him earlier. He's in Law Enforcement and was apparently called out as part of the Texas 7 manhunt. This certainly explains his absence over the past month or so.

We're working on resolving the problem. It actually appears that the kit and mags were shipped but that the carrier 'misplaced' them. Hopefully everything will work out fine.

Jen
FAL Files Administrator

Wrangler100
January 27, 2001, 15:06
I am skeptical of his ability to be honest. If things are as he says why didn't his wife say so when I spoke with her? Why didn't anyone in the house return any of the phone calls? How could he have been called out and still answer the phone, then hang up and leave the phone off the hook or screen calls by answering machine? Much of this happened BEFORE the escape.
The kit was sent to him insured for $400 via USPS and a check was included for him to return the kit the same way. If it was "lost" why didn't he contact the recipient, how could he have known it was lost, what has he done to find it, has he provided any tracking numbers or other proof that it was ever shipped? Etc, etc, ect...

FAL Files Administrator
February 02, 2001, 15:30
Wrangler: Has this issue been resolved yet? Please let me know.

Jen
FAL Files Administrator

Wrangler100
February 03, 2001, 02:24
Negative. I haven't spoken to him since early December.

SOLARPIMP
February 03, 2001, 02:45
I wonder if the "J" in J. Holmes stands for John??? It sounds like he does the same thing for money that the other John Holmes used to do! Ya know F*** people!!!