PDA

View Full Version : rguns.COM vs. rguns.NET

Bulldawg
February 12, 2001, 04:52
Please be advised that the rguns.NET out of Illinois that screwed Mac-V is not the same as the rguns.COM out of Wolfe City, TX.

I received the following email from The Richardson Professional Services Group /
Richardson's Gun Shop and Firearms Training Center who uses the url of http://www.rguns.com :

Dear Sir,

We have a problem and need your help. I am writing to you to let you know that we are receiving volumes of hate e-mails and phone calls about a posting on the internet. Please help us.

We are a legitimate business located in East Texas. We are not the www.rguns.net (http://www.rguns.net)
that is being talked about. I noticed where you have made several postings of this information. We ask that you please help us differentiate ourselves from this other
company. Our links are below. We would be happy to prove to you that we are not the company listed on these postings.

I wholeheartedly support the effort to rid the world of undesirable businesses. We are very serious about customer service here at Richardson's Gun Shop.

Vernon A. Richardson

The Richardson Professional Services Group
Richardson's Gun Shop and Firearms Training Center

vernon@rguns.com

I also received another from the same outfit:

I appreciate you spreading the word when someone gets cheated by a business. We
are the original rguns.COM. The people who cheated the guy on FAL are a copy-cat called rgun.NET, but in reality are sports-were-us, from Ill. We are in Texas, a family-owned and operated, legitimate business, with no known unhappy customers, in continuous operation since we started in 1987.

Please help us by posting this to the forums and boards that you posted the warning about the other company to. We are receiving volumes of hate e-mail and prank calls, and we have absolutely nothing to do with this situation.

Thanks for your assistance,
Vernon Richardson
Owner

Please spread the word. We don't want the wrong folks going out of business.

------------------
Bulldawg's Firearms Page (http://www.geocities.com/shootinbulldawg)

Guns-R-Us
February 12, 2001, 05:29
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bulldawg:
Please be advised that the rguns.[b]NET out of Illinois that screwed Mac-V is not the same as the rguns.COM out of Wolfe City, TX.

Call the dogs off of rguns.com and sick em on rguns.net. ;D

MACV
February 12, 2001, 07:18
This needs to be kept on the top of the board for a few days. Dont want a GOOD company hurt in this mess.
rguns.com Texas= Good
rguns.net Carpentersville, Illinois= Bad, Very Bad.

timbo40
February 12, 2001, 08:32
BTT

Dano
February 12, 2001, 09:00
This is just another example of the "Mob" mentality.

The "Mob" lashes out in all directions and mistakenly cuts down the innocent.

I'll say it again, for those who didn't get "IT" before... Put down your pitch forks and extinguish the torches.

YOU'VE MADE YOUR POINT, ALREADY!!!

COOL-IT!!!! TAKE A PILL!!! CHILL!!

Sheeeesh...

MACV
February 12, 2001, 09:44
So Dano,....how bout we plaster your name address and phone number all over cyber space? Then let some illiterate take pot shots at you. See how you like it. Like me you would be glad to have this mob behind you.

Dano
February 12, 2001, 10:21
MACV,

I didn't say I approved of rguns actions. I did NOT.

However, please note, that once "Mobs" are set loose, they inevitably damaged others. And the "Others" are always good, fine people.

I cannot, in silence, stand by and watch the callateral damage that seems to accompany all "kill 'em" compaigns. I had to speak out and I hope you understand.

MACV, I am absolutley certain it was not your intent to hurt others who were not connected with this. But the better course of action would have been legal. The reason we have have courts is to prevent the damage caused by Mobs.

I have watched "Mobs" in action before. It is not a pretty sight. Innocents always get hurt.

Dean Speir
February 12, 2001, 10:43
Originally posted by Dano:
I didn't say I approved of rguns actions. I did NOT.

However, please note, that once "Mobs" are set loose, they inevitably damaged others. And the "Others" are always good, fine people.

I cannot, in silence, stand by and watch the callateral damage that seems to accompany all "kill 'em" compaigns. I had to speak out and I hope you understand.

MACV, I am absolutley certain it was not your intent to hurt others who were not connected with this. But the better course of action would have been legal. The reason we have have courts is to prevent the damage caused by Mobs.

I have watched "Mobs" in action before. It is not a pretty sight. Innocents always get hurt.

Dean-o is with Dano on this one… Mr. Coombs, you have an absolutely legitimate bitch on several counts (with rguns.net's actions and embarrassingly illiterate responses, their moronic and unconscionable posting of your personal information on the 'Net, and with that ancillary fact that apparently there was no one on station here yesterday to redact that one post for you) but it's undeniable that Rguns.com got caught up in the frenzy, and make no mistake, you and Rguns.net caused a frenzy the likes of which I haven't seen before.

While it must have been most gratifying for you to see the outpouring of support you received, I think if you study as much of the thread as you were able to download and save, there were some pretty uninformed and sometimes fatuous "Let's get Rguns!" replies!

(I mean, "Contact the Illinois BBB?!?" C'mon, already!)

Mob mentality is not the most reasoned of ones.

------------------
• Dean, jus' visitin' from The Gun Zone (http://www.thegunzone.com)…

[This message has been edited by Dean Speir (edited February 12, 2001).]

RgunsOnline
February 12, 2001, 13:05
Amen. Thanks for the support. As I have said, you had the right url in your post. It's that frenzy that got carried away that has hurt us. We have literally spent about 40 manhours since 9 pm Sunday with several people involved trying to correct this.

Thanks for help, past and future, from MAC-V, Brian, Bulldog, and and others.

If you see this in other forums, please correct them! Thanks, Vernon www.RgunsOnline.com (http://www.RgunsOnline.com)

Originally posted by MACV:
This needs to be kept on the top of the board for a few days. Dont want a GOOD company hurt in this mess.
rguns.com Texas= Good
rguns.net Carpentersville, Illinois= Bad, Very Bad.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.RgunsOnline.com
NOT" TARGET=_blank>www.RgunsOnline.com
NOT</A> rguns.net, Those people are in Ill., We're in Texas.

MAC-V
February 12, 2001, 13:08
Spread the word
rguns.com from E.Texas= Good
rguns.net from Carpentersville Il= Bad

usmc326
February 12, 2001, 14:32
BTT

kev
February 12, 2001, 17:50
Nobody's saying MAC-V didn't have the right to post it. I'm glad he did and it is nice to see everyone rally around him. I think DANO, et al were just trying to rein in the MOB. Some folks just have too good of a time piling on. The world is NOT the Jerry Springer Show, Pro Wrestling, and the XFL all rolled into one.

faldoc
February 12, 2001, 19:41
I read the various posts and came to the judgement that r guns of Illinois over-reacted, unprofessionally. I chose to email them and expressed my view, and that I would not order from them, and the same guy who can't spell wrote me back. Same bad attitude: he told me "you all need to get a life" and "you never bought anything from us anyway". Of course, I never did because of all the negative posts I have read about them over the past year or two. It confirmed to me that the posts were genuine. I told him he needed to take a course in customer relations. He also needs to learn how to use his spell checker.

Dean Speir
February 12, 2001, 23:24
Originally posted by lostone:
Hey Dano and Dean Speir im sure he never wanted them (Rguns.com) to get hurt. but to lay there and let someone get away with what rguns.net tried is no good either, I think he was right to tell what has happened to him so others dont get taken. … You call it MOB mentality, I call it telling people to watch out for these guys. I call it a violation of Rule #4: Always be sure of your target and everything around it.

The "piling on" analogy is a good one… you can also call it "sprayin' 'n' prayin', and that's not good gun handling!

------------------
• Dean, jus' visitin' from The Gun Zone (http://www.thegunzone.com)…

Ratlord
February 12, 2001, 23:53
Big thanks for the word! Will watch to make sure this stays on top for a while.

BrenLover
February 13, 2001, 03:34
BTT

MACV
February 13, 2001, 04:41
BTT

MACV
February 13, 2001, 09:59
btt