PDA

View Full Version : Technical: need Belgian OIP scope mount replacement straps! (HELP!)

STGFN
December 26, 2002, 00:16
I picked up this mount that apparently needs help. Is there any way to fix this, anyone have any of these straps that are apparently very brittle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know this is supposed to be a Belgian mount , what is the name of this mount and who all used it and what dates of mfg and usage. Is it still in use these days? Its too nice to let go to waste but I havent a clue where to look for replacement parts.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid43/pa7a862c3faeab787e2c196fc0cfc61ab/fce399f4.jpg

EMDII
December 26, 2002, 08:08
Originally posted by STGFN
[B]I picked up this mount that apparently needs help. Is there any way to fix this, anyone have any of these straps that are apparently very brittle. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I know this is supposed to be a Belgian mount , what is the name of this mount and who all used it and what dates of mfg and usage. Is it still in use these days? Its too nice to let go to waste but I havent a clue where to look for replacement parts.

- Only a replacement strap will help
- Belgian OIP mount, accepts the 4x Wetzlar/Kahles/Kapps/ZF scopes seen on many NATO rifles. Tunnel for use w/ iron sights, works on any Metric rifle.
- Used throughout the FAL-world, mostly Europeans, until they converted to other rifles such as the G3/AK-5, yadayada. NOT used on INCH rifles, generally.
- DO NOT 'let it go' as useless. L/FN, or some of the guys like xIA know where to get replacements. Post a WTB ad in MARKETPLACE Forum and see what pops.

jimmieZ
December 26, 2002, 11:03
The strap is very similar to the std. German mount used on the G-43 etc. Sarco is making reproduction mounts - maybe they could help with getting you a new strap (or a set of straps).

Jim Z

Falcon
December 29, 2002, 10:29
Our draftsmen didn't have anything to do one day, so I had him draw this up from an original strap.A suitable material is available from Mcmaster-Carr, available .005 thick and in varying widths.Hope this helps, and like others have indicated in the past, get your dremel ready.

Tempered Spring Steel (http://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/108/html/3376.html)

Falcon
December 30, 2002, 17:50
In case any one needs the lug drawing too...

C2VETTE
December 30, 2002, 20:32
If you get it fixed I have a Hensoldt scope you can put on it !!!It came from AIM surplus and was one of the last to go out thier door.It was discounted but I put it in good shape.I will let it go for $275