PDA

View Full Version : Legal: pre-ban Federal Ordnance receivers??

JDL
December 02, 2002, 20:10
Anyone ever hear of them? Federal Ordnance, Inc.
South El Monte, CA. I know they made pre-ban M-14 rec.'s but never heard of their FAL rec.'s.

FN74
December 02, 2002, 20:41
Originally posted by JDL
Anyone ever hear of them? Federal Ordnance, Inc.
South El Monte, CA. I know they made pre-ban M-14 rec.'s but never heard of their FAL rec.'s.

Yep they made about 100. I used to own one - Izzi HB, serial number was like 0015 or something like that.

All the information I could obtain was that it was sold to my dealer in 1987 (on his books) and the people who bought out Fed Ord were Brinkley or brikly trading co, which has since gone under.

I called back in 99 and talked to a guy who said that the receivers were made in belgium, and were lazer engraved with gold numbers and sold as Made in USA guns. They were assembled in the USA. The side of my gun had teh words "Light Automatic Sporter", being a HB izzi, it was anything but light....

The receivers are well made, I had 1000rds through mine with no problems, and I installed my own ejector block from a STG (got the barrelled receiver without one.)

Hope this helps, feel free to PM me if you want.

BTW - if you're in New Orleans area, then very likely it's the same gun....lol

xtremerange
December 02, 2002, 23:11
If they were well made it was probably the only thing Fed Ord ever did right. Even their box on the M14 I had fell apart. LOL.

gsmart
December 03, 2002, 08:25
Mine was built as an L1A1 also with a S/N under 100. The reciever is all inch cut except for the mag well cut which is metric (huh?). Never have figured that out. The receiver is a US part AND pre-ban as far as ATF is concerned (pre-1994 is what I THINK that they think that they mean...). Beyond that they get very vague and I think that FedOrd probably didnt pass on very good records to them. FWIW, mine has always functioned flawlessly.