PDA

View Full Version : Legal: L1A1 grenade launcher capability?

macvsog
November 21, 2002, 00:40
I'm a "student" of Hand/rifle Grenades. I've read just about everything I can get ahold of on the subject but have been unable to find anything on the L1A1.

Was there ever a "Grenade Launching Attachment" produced or even experimented with for the British L1A1?

For those who may have the same interests, here is an excellent site to look at. By the way, turn up the sound on your computor and see if you can ID the sounds;)

www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Quarters/2116/riflehandgrenades.htm

W.E.G.
November 21, 2002, 00:51
I'm sorry I don't have a ready answer to your question.

However, the FAQ section is not the correct place to ask questions. Rather, the FAQ is the place to post ANSWERS to frequently-asked questions.

You might try posting your question in General Discussion. I'm sure it will get much more exposure there.

That said, I asked a similar question a while back. I'll post the pics that were sent to me in response.

W.E.G.
November 21, 2002, 00:53

recce
November 21, 2002, 11:34
Yes there was. It was the L1A1(A2) launcher, similar to the Garand one I believe.

Here are some pics of the Canadian version used on the C1A1, same as the Brits.

recce
November 21, 2002, 11:38
Here's the C33 balistite cartidge, adaptor, HCC1A1 smoke grenade and, an M-61 frag.

recce
November 21, 2002, 11:41
Lastly a couple pics of firing positions.

macvsog
November 22, 2002, 00:35
Thanks guys, the first picture looks to be of a "cup/discharger" assembly like that found on the MkIII Enfields. How was this placed on the L1A1?

Now, does anybody know where one might find one of the other types shown?