PDA

View Full Version : Ident/barrels: who made my barrel?

Christenson
September 25, 2002, 16:50
I have a DSA factorty rifle it is set up like a STG 58 except the brake . The DSA is about five years old. The barrel is marked 762 m m in a uneven line it looks to be hand stamped not in clear readable markings like my Steyr marked barrels also it has a kind of royal mark or maybe a bomb laying on its side the ser. numbers on the parts are matching and are in the #1200 range. In the marking there are three letters I think they are E D M. Does any one know who made this barrel I would like to know because it has 11,000 round thru it and is running like a champ. I thought it was getting shot out because it was using more gas lately to get it to function. But it was still accurate so I was thinking about maybe trying a different gas piston and plug so I switched with one of my other FALs a went to the range today. It run great I'm still shocked! This barrel has been abused sense day one I even put a fast 2000 rounds threw it in one day. If anyone knows who made it thanks for telling me.
Thanks,

sparky
September 25, 2002, 16:55
Sounds like the older Steyr barrel I got from DSA in the 16.25 length.

Dirtfarmer
September 25, 2002, 20:22
An StG barrel around serial #1200 should be Belgian, (as the first 30,000 or so StGs were) if original, though it could be a Steyr made replacement...
...Are you sure that the letters are not "ELG" and it looks like this?
http://www.belgian-guns.com/gunmarks/belgian_proof_marks02.jpg

...That marking has some different forms though, I believe.

If StG if is Belgian or Steyr.

Goodwill,
-Dirtfarmer

Christenson
September 25, 2002, 20:42
I got my magnafing glass out and looked,that is the marking. Thanks,

Dirtfarmer
September 25, 2002, 20:56
Originally posted by Christenson
I got my magnafing glass out and looked,that is the marking. Thanks,

...Just to clarify, ...that is the FN (Belgian) proof.

Goodwill,
-Dirtfarmer