PDA

View Full Version : Best FAL scenes in movies?

clubfootroot
November 03, 2000, 07:09
"Dark of the Sun" (a must see when one of the merc's is "playing" his FAL like a guitar)

"Wild Geese" (Why id someone try to make a sequal without Richard Burton?)

others????

------------------
"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

James Madison, Federalist No. 46

Kihn
November 03, 2000, 07:53
"Dogs of War" lot of FN action in opening scenes and for assault were used with UZI's.

KurtsKustom
November 03, 2000, 07:54
'Heat' w/DiNiro.

Kurt/KKF

stimpsonjcat
November 03, 2000, 08:42
probably doesn't qualify as a 'great' FAL film...but I saw it for the first time the other night.

"An American Werewolf in London"

I always thought this was a slasher flick...actually pretty amusing.

Anyway at the end there's a scene where they show the cops coming and they show a close up of a mag being loaded and I noticed immediately it was a FAL mag. The weapons were a mix of wood or not HG...and a few of them had SUIT mounts.

"Can I have your toast?" - Jack

RRotz
November 03, 2000, 08:50
i caught a glimpse of a L1A1 in "rules of engagement" at the opening part when the weekly anti-american protest gets ugly and you see those T's on 2nd story balconies with clothelines tied up and black veiled women carrying children in their arms next to these AK and FAL toting T's. go figure.

Wadman
November 03, 2000, 09:34
"Rapid Fire" with the late Brandon Lee.

Thorack
November 03, 2000, 09:57
You guys got to be nuts! I second Kurt watch HEAT with Deniro and Pacino. Some of the best and most realistic gun battles I have seen in a movie.

"Gunner, Heat, Troops, FIRE!" OOPS
"Clear, and Elevate"

[This message has been edited by Thorack (edited November 03, 2000).]

Yo Quiero FAL
November 03, 2000, 12:33
Id have to agree HEAT is a great weapons flick. The scene I remember best is Val Kilmer firing his CAR15 while standing in the street. He removes the empty magazine, pops in a new one, hits the bolt stop, and starts firing again all in one quick, smooth motion. I wonder how many times he had to practice that before he got it right.

Too bad he didn't use an FAL!

Ghost
November 03, 2000, 15:43
Arnold uses one in The Terminator,in the police station shootout. probably not the best example but there was a FAL.

thorlin
November 03, 2000, 16:32
Hmmmm....
I always thought that was an AR-180........

Originally posted by Ghost:
Arnold uses one in The Terminator,in the police station shootout. probably not the best example but there was a FAL.

------------------
Mike Thorlin
Peoria, AZ
STG/R1 - 99%
R1/Blg BBL - 80%
R1A1- 50%
"Life's tough, ... it's tougher when you're stupid." John Wayne, "Sands of Iwo Jima"

Ghost
November 03, 2000, 17:18
could have been havent seen it in some time.

Keith Buckner
November 03, 2000, 17:24
Regardless, He DOES use one in the beginning of COMMANDO, chasing the bad guys that just stole his little girl.

At the end he stands in a CIRCLE of bad guys shooting at him with AKs, UZIs, M16s, etc... and never gets hit.. while mopping the floor with an M60.

Qualifies at the most unrealistic gun flick of all time (but lotsa action)!

Jen
November 03, 2000, 17:33
Not my favorite movie of all time, but in Judgement Days (Arnold Schwartzeneger) the Priest appears to be using a FAL to pick off the 'Devil'.

I also believe there are a few FALs in the movie Beyond Rangoon.

clubfootroot
November 03, 2000, 17:36
Many of you posted war/combat choices. Some were a little more liberal about FALs appearing in movies, so let me add ...

AUSTIN POWERS!!! After he uses his mojo to take out the dolls who can shoot from their "jumblies," the cavalry arrives. At least one of the soldiers has a FAL.

You all really should see "Dark Of The Sun." Trust me. You'll like it.

------------------
"Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, the existence of subordinate governments, to which the people are attached, and by which the militia officers are appointed, forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of."

James Madison, Federalist No. 46

Dan at VOW
November 03, 2000, 22:27
What about the movie "The Replacement killers" FAL Para models seem abundant.

niblo1
November 03, 2000, 23:39
I can't remember the name of the movie, but it was about a bunch of reporters in South America covering a revolution, and all during the flik the soldiers and revolutionaries carry FN's. Neatest scene was a cute Hispanic girl on a roof shooting left handed at the soldiers while the hero, who was a baseball pitcher, flings a grenade in an impossible shot to hit some soldiers in a pill box. Damn, whish I could remember the name of that flik. Had James Woods amd a damn good looking big old reheaded gal too.

clubfootroot
November 04, 2000, 00:13
"Salvador," in which Jim Belushi plays a drugged out helper to Woods. My favorite line is when the generalisimo is fondling two or three Latinas and says to Woods. "Hey, hombre, take on (of the girls). They like it in the culo!" Well, my Spanish sucks, but he was referring to the women's rear ends.

Wild Man
November 04, 2000, 07:11
Niblo 1 - the movie you are referring to is "Under Fire" with Nick Nolte and Ed Harris; lots of FALs on both sides. James Woods was in "Salvador"

Dirtfarmer
November 04, 2000, 10:56
The display board T-48 on the wall of the enlisted club in SNIPER... ahh ...it's .....There!
Goodwill-
Dirtfarmer

Czar
November 04, 2000, 14:01
Ronin with DeNiro

he used one when they make the assault on the case during an ambush at a traffic light

Czar

derek huffman, azexarms
November 04, 2000, 15:08
How about in Red Dawn, where the scene opens with that ballerina-boy, Patrick Swayze shooting a russian soldier who is lashed to the phone pole. as the scene progresses, you can see Cuban soldier armed with FALs(that are jamming almost continuously) fighting the "Wolverines".

I'm suprised that the weapons malfunctions were left in. but hey, I didnt make the film. D.

Littlejohn
November 04, 2000, 16:09
Best is still Wild Geese - although full auto seemed like a .22!
OT: I located a copy in one of my searches - the people wanted $200 for it!...declined http://www.fnfal.com/forums/biggrin.gif

------------------
"The thicker the hay, the easier mowed." Alaric - 408 AD

Jim in FL
November 04, 2000, 17:28
Originally posted by Czar:
Ronin with DeNiro

he used one when they make the assault on the case during an ambush at a traffic light

Czar

Actually, I think that may have been a SIG 550. I don't know for sure since it hasn't been on in a while. http://www.fnfal.com/forums/smile.gif

Benjamin
November 04, 2000, 17:37
Originally posted by clubfootroot:

"Dark of the Sun" (a must see when one of the merc's is "playing" his FAL like a guitar)

Wha........
Firing from the hip? Air guitar over a slung FAL? Bump firing?
Dang, looks like I'll have to get the movie and see for myself.

Ssarge
November 04, 2000, 18:32
The bad guys in Red Dawn were not Cubans, but from Nicaruaga-they issued Fal's under Simoza.
The Puppet Masters has Dale Dye shooting up infected earthlings with a para Fal on rock and roll when he comes in the Huey to rescue the hero.

aucup
November 04, 2000, 23:30
Jim in FL,

You're right. De Niro used a Sig 550 in the ambush in the traffic light. Later, he used A SAW when they grabbed the package from their target.

Tom Sizemore used an FAL in Heat when they ambushed the armored car. He mozambiqued one of the guards with it. Tom also used a Galil in the bank heist and what looks like a Benelli pump in the Drive in. Pacino used a FN FNC with a side folder. Val Kilmer and De Niro used CARs and Sigs. Val also used a HK91 in the drive in.

smle
November 05, 2000, 06:32
The Odd Angry Shot.

cm2037
November 06, 2000, 13:30
Australian movie called "Resistance". Bunch of mountain folk don't get along well with a bunch of FN armed Aussie soldiers. Good footage of FN's and not a bad story to boot.

WJ-Polish Guy
November 06, 2000, 16:43
Originally posted by Keith Buckner:
Regardless, He DOES use one in the beginning of COMMANDO, chasing the bad guys that just stole his little girl.

At the end he stands in a CIRCLE of bad guys shooting at him with AKs, UZIs, M16s, etc... and never gets hit.. while mopping the floor with an M60.

Qualifies at the most unrealistic gun flick of all time (but lotsa action)!

Actualy Arnold use two G3s in that scene, one in each hand... I liked his gun room, same day I will bulid one like that! Ha!

Scott S
November 06, 2000, 17:18
Tom Clancy's "Clear and Present Danger" with Harrison Ford.

Several Colombian soldiers/mercenaries are shown using FALs when they corner the clandestine US troops in the river gorge shootout scene. A very brief glimpse of FALs, but FALs nonetheless. I think a scene before that one, when Ding Chavez recons the soldiers' staging facility, shows the same Colombian soldiers with FALs.

Mikeoverhere
November 13, 2000, 06:26
Don't forget "Congo". Movie was a joke, sound clips for FAL didn't jive, but better than nothing...