PDA

View Full Version : Owwwch!!! ...WECSOG gods hungry tonight

W.E.G.
September 30, 2001, 22:49
At least I figured out how to get that damn klinkety-floppity arrest-me G1 flash suppressor off. But, I couldn't leave well enough alone. Oh nooooo! I had to diddle around with it after I got it off. I decided to see if I could "snap" the spring cover back into position.

Note to self: Move thumb out of the way before absentmindedly snapping steel clasps on flash hiders while watching the Beth videotape scene from "Roadtrip" for the umpteenth time.

http://users.erols.com/gary.jeter/ouch.jpg

Dan at VOW
September 30, 2001, 23:27
And just what are you going to do with that box cutter? Did you use that to open the box that the stocks came in? I hope you didn't use the Dremel!!!!!! One more question. Isn't that hammer a little small? :D :D :D :D
Just funnin. Dan.

RRotz
September 30, 2001, 23:51
Looks like Jeter got out light this time, I see many instruments of death close enough to that hand to have taken it clean off. I'd figure that hammer is way too small! It's supposed to be big enough to fit in his mouth right? HEHEHEHEHE

:p

W.E.G.
October 01, 2001, 00:27
What IS that box cutter doing there? Must have been one of those stream of consciousness moments. Cuz' I sure didn't use it to gash my thumb...or did I? I must be losing it.

ce
October 01, 2001, 13:23
And what is the deal with those wampy li'l screwdrivers?

Hell, you can't fix nuthin' with them, 'cept maybe eyeglasses or transistor radios.

No wonder you keep gettin' hurt, get you some proper tools, and always ignore the Memsab when you're werkin'.

W.E.G.
June 03, 2002, 01:28
Oh yeah, once you get that bendy-clasp thing off the thingy, you sometimes have to pry the metal clasp open to remove the thingy from the barrel.

Jen
June 03, 2002, 01:30
gary: Just a reminder to make sure your tetanus shots are up to date ;)

W.E.G.
June 03, 2002, 01:35
I been having this cramp in my neck lately just behind the jaw.

I figgered it was that fastball that the kid didn't catch. I was laying there counting stars and I could tell he was saying something. So I said, "I'm alright." That's when I realized he was saying "Was it a ball or a strike?" Dang, boy! Don't ya know that any pitch that hits the umpire CAN'T be a strike! This gonna be a long day for the both of us!

Viking Warrior
June 03, 2002, 01:37
Gary, That looks like Catsup to me.
You sure you werent having a Hot dog with Heinz 57 and just thought you were experiencing blood loss?
If it is an actual wound, Take two of these (Rum and cokes) and call me in the morning!

:D

W.E.G.
June 03, 2002, 02:26
Only problem is, if I drink 'em now, they'll still be on my breath when I go to work.
http://users.erols.com/gary.jeter/R1blueJ.jpg http://users.erols.com/gary.jeter/R1blueJ.jpg

EMDII
June 03, 2002, 06:31
I agree w/ Dan- you need a BFH!
:D

Para Driver
June 03, 2002, 10:53
BFH, 8lbs no less!
20lbs might be a bit over the top though..

RRotz
June 03, 2002, 11:16
Originally posted by RRotz
Looks like Jeter got out light this time, I see many instruments of death close enough to that hand to have taken it clean off. I'd figure that hammer is way too small! It's supposed to be big enough to fit in his mouth right? HEHEHEHEHE

:p

Wow, I vaguely remember posting this! I musta been trashed that night.

Greywuuf
June 03, 2002, 15:11
Maybe I am just stupid ( or lucky) but I dont realy understand what everyone is doing to their G-1 Flash hiders ? I just grab mine and give it a twist.. overcomes a slight resistance then is loose, turn it 180 and slide it off. also I was able to "snap" the spring off with a small screwdriver Park the evil piece and the small metal clamp thing and then reassemble with my little 'ole pinkies. Am I missing out on on some basic flesh threatening fun somehow ?

W.E.G.
June 03, 2002, 15:35
Originally posted by Greywuuf
...I dont realy understand what everyone is doing to their G-1 Flash hiders...Am I missing out on on some basic flesh threatening fun somehow ?

Some of them simply won't twist off. Even with vise grips after the clippy-pin is completely removed. You gotta dissasemble it or it is stuck big time. I've seen them both ways. Can't really explain it. Just know it is a fact.

Randall
June 12, 2008, 16:13
Some of them simply won't twist off. Even with vise grips after the clippy-pin is completely removed. You gotta dissasemble it or it is stuck big time. I've seen them both ways. Can't really explain it. Just know it is a fact. What are people doing to fix that? I mean besides piercing their thumbs.

Randall
June 12, 2008, 16:25
Okay, why did I post a reply on 6 year old thread? Damn.

mountainman
June 12, 2008, 16:48
wouldn't this be one of those moments you yourld use a barrell vise?

Para Driver
June 12, 2008, 17:12
Originally posted by Randall
Okay, why did I post a reply on 6 year old thread? Damn.

yep, some trickery to get it to bump?

gearlogo
June 12, 2008, 17:18
Has it been six years already?

phillip
June 12, 2008, 18:59
The Mods must be crazy.