PDA

View Full Version : DSA STG58A FAL Carbine

glocktenman
June 30, 2002, 12:05
Anyone have knowledge or experience with the DSA stg58a carbine? The one I am considering is a Austian version they make. This is my first FAL and the price on these looks reasonable for a DSA product. I havnt considered building my own due to a lack of knowledge with these rifles. What about a choice in recievers....type one or two?? Whats the difference?

June 30, 2002, 12:46
Saw one in a store and it was very nice. Fit and finish were near perfect. I have a rifle built on a DSA Type 2. The receiver is of the highest guality. Overall, it is well worth the money.

Hit the search button, there have been many posts on this rifle.

The DSA website www.dsarms.com has some nice pictures of the T1 and T2 receiver. The diff is mostly cosmetic, the T2 has a scallop in the lightening cut. The T2 is supposed to be a little stronger.

justashooter
June 30, 2002, 18:02
very nice choice for fit and finish. almost a shame to shoot one. get yours by direct purchase (and delivery to your ffl for fees) to save big bucks.

cadillac
June 30, 2002, 18:33
DSA makes a great receiver, and nothin' looks quite as nice as a type 2:cool:

USMC03
June 30, 2002, 19:54
You can't go wrong with a DSA SA58 or a DSA STG58A. I purchased a SA58 Standard and was so impressed with it that I later purchased a STG58A with an 18" barrel and synthetic handguards. DSA makes an outstanding product and has out of this world customer service.

Everything on my DSA STG58 looked brand new. If any of the parts had every been used, I was unable to tell.

DSA STG58A with 18" barrel, short STG brake, and synthetic handguards:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PQD7dyoUPER4z6Q0liEG0P8mb!bvUuCGt5tK4XDQkKBrCPGDj rQcQ8q9eZGbkb4KrwMcOyhULhZ4wlBqjpQNDnub!X63PNPD/MVC-010S.JPG

DSA SA58 Standard with 21" Badger barrel and integral muzzle brake:

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0PQAAACsUcUR4z6Q0liEG0J1ykfDYLpsqUaqsjwjGI33XgvDCt 2U7qvTpAmLfgbkQ!MvC!vqQie*y*CzvRCO2Mxlm0WqsK8vE/MVC-011S.JPG

(edited because I couldn't get the pics to show, guess you'll have to cut and past to see the pics, couldn't get the links to work either)

Good Luck:fal:

stargazer
June 30, 2002, 21:44
Cadillac, that sure is a nice looking, clean rifle you have there! The type 2 receiver to me is the desired one as you get the lightning cuts plus the contours of the type 2 strengthening scallop. That rifle of yours looks so "new". Glad to see a well kept FAL!:D

glocktenman
July 01, 2002, 22:51
Thanks for the info. I'm looking at August for the purchase. I have seen them from FAC for $795 and I know a dealer who will receive it for me for about $25. So, I'll be into it for $820....not bad. Time to start buying ammo!!