PDA

View Full Version : G-1 vs. Imbel FAL kits

Sergeant
June 27, 2002, 17:31
Hey, folks,

Getting ready to build my second FAL - I've got an StG-58 on a DSA receiver - and I'm trying to decide between the G-1 kits and Dan's Imbel kits. The prices are close enough not to matter, and I'll be using an Imbel receiver this time.

I really like the looks of my Austrian version and am thinking of using another of Tapco's Stg-looking muzzle brakes regardless, so the real question is how do the two compare from general usefulness?

Tough question, I know. I'll probably have to build one of each..... but I can't do them at the same time, so which one first?

Sergeant

GSF1200
June 27, 2002, 17:41
The Imbels have chrome bores, the G1's dont, the G1 has the really neat muzzle brake attachment lug, the Imbel is threaded. The Imbel has a synthtic buttstock, the G1 is wood, the G1 has a bipod, the Imbel doesn't.

FWRA
June 27, 2002, 17:45
Originally posted by GSF1200
The Imbels have chrome bores, the G1's dont, the G1 has the really neat muzzle brake attachment lug, the Imbel is threaded. The Imbel has a synthtic buttstock, the G1 is wood, the G1 has a bipod, the Imbel doesn't.

Not all Imbels have chrome barrels but they all have chrome chambers. The Imbel kit's from Dan's are the best and have seen little use other than finish wear. G1's have been rode hard and put up wet.

FWRA

Hermit River
June 27, 2002, 18:23
Dans imbels, Dans Imbels, Dans Imbels. Oh yea, did I mention Dans Imbels? Hermit

Harlan at FAC
June 27, 2002, 18:41
Because the lower of an IMBEL kit is type 3, and the IMBEL receiver is type 3, the match is better appearance wise with IMBEL kit and IMBEL receiver, rather than G1 kit with IMBEL receiver.

John Culver
June 27, 2002, 23:34
I'm pretty sure Dan has some Imbels that are bipod cut FWIW