PDA

View Full Version : Plastic handguards for L1A1??

Seppo Heikkonen
June 27, 2002, 15:12
Does someone has a clue where i could find plastic furniture set for my L1A1?

DSA´s don´t fit on inch model. Atleast that what i´ve been told.
Tapco don´t export order to Europe...
etc...

Help needed.

- SH

gunsmith_tony
June 27, 2002, 15:14
gunthings.com perhaps

BUFF
June 27, 2002, 15:48
Do you need an entire set of pistol grip, buttstock and handguards?

Century puts plastic furniture of their own make on their L1A1's and R1A1's. I believe these are the set TAPCO sells right now for $49.99 U.S.

TAPCO sells British pebble grain in several grades of condition, it looks like from their web site.

Other than that, there isn't much made for inch pattern rifles in plastic.

gear-head
June 27, 2002, 17:58
Tapco does have a full set of US made, glass filled nylon composite furniture set for the L1A1. $49.99

Just received them, they are smooth, not pebble grained or anything. Look pretty good. So far I've only put the handguards on, and it did take a bit of shaving/filing and the back end, but they do fit.

W.E.G.
June 27, 2002, 18:13
Inch and metric handguards are interchangeable. If the DSA unit won't fit on an inch gun, it won't fit on a metric gun either. I had to do just a tiny bit of WECSOG'n on my DSA set to get them to fit on the metric gun I installed them on.

DavidZapr
June 27, 2002, 20:33
I have a set of Penguin premium HG's on my Century R1A1 and they fit a bit tight but are MUCH better than the standard Century fare: They are stronger, look better, and heat up less.:D

Finski
June 28, 2002, 11:12
Terve Seppo!

Laita mulle sähköpostia tai soita 0440232672
Saattaapi löytyä mitä etsit.
Finski

Those not speaking finnish: just told Seppo that I might have what he is looking for...

KYCol
June 28, 2002, 21:17
Just ordered a complete set from Century Arms. U.S. made. They are on sale this month for $34 and change. Also ordered US sear and hammer. Under $10 each for them.. Have not had time to check them out yet.

Bruce J
June 29, 2002, 23:15
For original L1A1 plastic, you might want to check with Lary F/N.