PDA

View Full Version : Another arrest of a firearms board member. Weapons charge.

ironman0311
June 26, 2002, 23:14
Another arrest of a firearms board member. Weapons charge. No real details as yet.

The message below from Full-Auto.com illustrates why we all should be thankful for our Mods and Jen's judicious pruning of the type posts that got the AssaultWeb Net in trouble and the reputation as a "hate site" by the government as well as the WWF of the Internet gun boards. They can't say they wern't warned that words DO mean things ...

We don't say it enough, but, kudos to Ted, Jen, and all the others, who keep us on the straight and narrow and who make this the best firearms enthusiasts board on the net.

Keep up the good work!

Semper fi-

Ironman0311

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Auto Link to Topic (http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000960)

Recruit
Member # 22

Member Rated:

posted 06-26-2002 03:35 PM

Looks like the kooks over at Assweb are ducking for cover.

AK74 just resigned as a moderator and asked that all of his posts be deleted.

I guess with so many members being arrested for illegal weapons and explosives people are starting to realize they might just have to answer for their public anti-government bullshit and calls for all out war. Whoops.

I knew there was a reason I didn't post over there. I felt a long time ago those morons were temping fate by scoffing at laws and challenging the authorities to do something to them. All that police killing crap and calls for civil war was bound to get them in hot water at some point. Well, it looks like the water is boiling right now. I'm glad I wasn't associated with them even by proxy.

AK74s Run For Cover Thread

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to personal reasons, I'd like to remove my account from AW.
God bless all of you and good luck in the totalitarian future.

Regards,
AK74
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iftoc
Veteran
Member # 895

Member Rated:
posted 06-25-2002 09:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOOKS LIKE A SNOWBALL EFFECT IS DEVELOPING OVER THERE.

Topic: Ironwulf Arrested

USA-1
Executive Member
posted 25 June 2002 22:00
I believe this is our member. http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=007503
IP: Logged

Cosmic Ranger
posted 25 June 2002 22:24
We are dropping like flies around here. Wonder what the details are?

[ 06-25-2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: iftoc ]

--------------------
Checks and balances are the constitutional controls to ensure that governmental power cannot be used in an abusive manner. With humble and great pleasure may I now introduce the best known system to date…THE ASSAULTWEB BOARD OF INQUIRY (BOI) COMMITTEE

Full Auto Link to Topic (http://www.full-auto.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000960)

FN74
June 27, 2002, 02:13
Just to clarify - AK74 was NOT arrested, he simply stated that he got tired of dealing with the TFHB and Posers on damn near all the bulletin boards, and his time can be better spent on other things. :rolleyes:

ironman0311
June 27, 2002, 04:24
Just to clairfy ---

Topic: Ironwulf Arrested

USA-1
Executive Member
posted 25 June 2002 22:00
I believe this is our member. http://www.frugalsquirrels.com/ubb/...ic;f=1;t=007503
IP: Logged

Cosmic Ranger
posted 25 June 2002 22:24
We are dropping like flies around here. Wonder what the details are?Topic: Ironwulf Arrested

Caspian
June 27, 2002, 06:59
it's still waaaay to early to tell what exactly happened, but from following the threads on the other boards i did find this:

"He said a company had been selling a inoperable f-arm over the net.

The said f-arm was not properly disabled they were tracking dwn those who had purchased them inorder to retrieve them. The warrent turned up more than they were looking for...200 items confinscated.

He's always had a fasination with that sort of stuff. I have'nt seen anything in the media...he had appearently been under survailence for sometime & was transported & is being held in a smaller county than where he was taken into custody."

It's speculation, but it sounds like he had one of Coles Uzi kits which had an improperly demilled receiver. hundreds of those improperly cut receiver sections have been reclaimed by ATF without incident. from what those who have had visits, the ATF agents called first, showed up, picked up the sections then left. this guy may have had parts around that weren't kosher.
i can't think of any other reason why hundreds of others have had no problems and this guy gets busted.

time will tell what really happened.