PDA

View Full Version : Imbel M444 MUZZLE BRAKE

wallaceg
June 26, 2002, 22:55
I have an Imbel M444. This rifle is great is all respects, except the MUZZLE BRAKE. The recoil caused by this BRAKE (Hessee) is almost unbearable. I would like to replace it. Here are my questions. Is the brake welded or soldered on? (The folds at iai say soldered) Is the brake threaded and if so, LH or RH. (the folks at iai said RH) What brake will fit this rifle and give better results?

Michael64
June 26, 2002, 23:00
Imbel barrels are LH thread just like the Belgian versions.

I believe that IAI is incorrect about the barrel thread unless they cut the threaded portion of the original barrel off and rethreaded it RH. Don't see them doing that.

FWRA
June 27, 2002, 01:38
Originally posted by wallaceg
I have an Imbel M444. This rifle is great is all respects, except the muzzel break. The recoil caused by this break (Hessee) is almost unbearable. I would like to replace it. Here are my questions. Is the break welded or soldered on? (The folds at iai say soldered) Is the break threaded and if so, LH or RH. (the folks at iai said RH) What break will fit this rifle and give better results?

The new improved IAI brake is this one:
http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14801

FWRA

George
June 27, 2002, 14:31
Had same problem with original Hesse "recoil enhancing device". After waiting over a month for a reply from IAI if they would fix it, I sent it to Jayson @IGF. He installed a DSA 3 Port Brake....SWEET....Problem solved. Cost me $89 plus my UPS standard shipping to Jayson. Turn Around (way I remember) about 6 weeks?