PDA

View Full Version : tapco fal kit

quicksilver
June 26, 2002, 22:48
just got my first kit from tapco. looks ok excellent bore and just usual wear on handguards. i have one question the g1 flash suppressor fits when turned but seems very loose on the barrel. i don't think this is a safe situation as any recoil would allow it work loose. it engaged the lug on the barrel but it is still loose. is there a way to tighten the fit without brazing it on forever? i am not real crazy about cutting grooves in the barrel as someone suggested in a earlier post.

RavenTai
June 27, 2002, 03:06
witch way is it loose? in rotation or bobble at the tip up/down/left/right?

do you have the wire clip installed? also there is a litle roll in the sheetmetal clip that was broken off on mine did not notice til I say how tight my friends was. on mine the wire clip is the only retainer, mine is loose in rotation

it is not legal to istall the real flash supressor on the gun anyway after assembly, U can get the fake flash supressor or the whole 5 piece kit from tapco.

wile we are talking about G1 muzzel accesories, I am not 100% shure that these are leagal Iether some say yes, some no, others say "grey area"

the grenade launcher? legal to instal or do I need to turn it down some so that It could not launch a grenade? I like the way it looks have no entension of launching grenades

the tapco muzzel brake is threaded onto a Fn part is this leagal the barrel is not threaded but what about barrel extensions? should I 1100*f silver solder it?

several of the accesories have bayonet lugs shold these be removed or are they ok as they are not on the barrel??

anybody have the ATF official anser? :confused:

Blood of Tyrants
June 27, 2002, 08:33
There was no bayonet made of the G1. Therefore it can't be a bayonet lug.

GSF1200
June 27, 2002, 09:04
The Turks made a bayonet for the G1

perdurabo
June 27, 2002, 09:58
Originally posted by GSF1200
The Turks made a bayonet for the G1

That bayonet attaches to the already-evil flash hider, NOT to the accessory lug on the barrel. For the G1 accessory lug to be a bayonet lug there would have to be a bayonet produced that fit directly to it...and to my knowledge there was never such a beast.

Leave the accessory lug on, youre fine.

gunsmith_tony
June 27, 2002, 11:44
Cutting grooves in the barrel as I recomended in an earlier post will not damage barrel as the grooves are only a few thousanths deep. Worry not.

quicksilver
June 27, 2002, 23:46
thanks guys, i figured out on the flash suppressor if you removed the wire clip completely then turned the suppressor it would lock into place on the lug. then reinstalled the wire clip. worked great no more wobble and tight. dud me. thanks for the input.