PDA

View Full Version : Questions on barrel markings

chuck1
June 26, 2002, 22:40
I just picked up three FAL barrels and saw a few markings on them and was curious about them.
One barrel is metric and looks like it is off a G1 or STG since it looks like it had the long Stoll type flash hider on it.
It is marked 7.62x51VCL140 with some sort of stamp in front of it. Styer stamp maybe? It has th e#93 stamped in front of a wrench flat along with a circle with something inside it (can't read it)
Last mark is a cross with some numbers around it. Too faint to read (or eyes too bad lol).
The other looks to be inch since the gass port is angled. It is buled which looks strange. Might be refinished?
It is marked with #1 at the top of the chamber.
Then it has what looks like th eletters L M stamped on a wrench flat. Thats all the markings it has.
Thanks for any help, chuck

Paul.S
June 27, 2002, 06:48
If the Stoll flash hider is original, that one is an STG. The markings sound consistant with STG, a pic would help nail it down. -Paul

Mr pogo
June 27, 2002, 07:01
Originally posted by chuck1
I just picked up three FAL barrels and saw a few markings on them and was curious about them.
One barrel is metric and looks like it is off a G1 or STG since it looks like it had the long Stoll type flash hider on it.
It is marked 7.62x51VCL140 with some sort of stamp in front of it. Styer stamp maybe? It has th e#93 stamped in front of a wrench flat along with a circle with something inside it (can't read it)
Last mark is a cross with some numbers around it. Too faint to read (or eyes too bad lol).
The other looks to be inch since the gass port is angled. It is buled which looks strange. Might be refinished?
It is marked with #1 at the top of the chamber.
Then it has what looks like th eletters L M stamped on a wrench flat. Thats all the markings it has.
Thanks for any help, chuck

1st one is a later Stg, the circle mark is probably the Steyr logo. Check for chrome chamber also.

The second doesnt sound familiar. Maybe Indian?

chuck1
June 27, 2002, 19:13
Paul, It didnt come with a flash hider but I can see from some light corrision where it used to be. Maybe I will get some pics of it later tonight.
Mr. Pogo, Yes it had a chrome chamber.
The second one has me stumped also. It doesn't look refinished since I can clearly see the cutter marks in the finish under the bluing.
Thanks for the help guys