PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with seller dashaus. Advice needed please.

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:15
Well, I claimed the Argy kit and L1A1 kit and paid for them right away. Then I found out that the L1A1 kit was missing 5 parts instead of the stated 2, but oh well, still a good deal.

Then I find out that the Argy kit that had just been "spun apart" and was "ready to headspace" didn't include a barrel. Seller offered to let me un-claim the Argy kit, which I gladly did since it was very much not a complete kit.

THEN, I get a message that I'm getting a full refund because I reneged on the Argy kit, so the L1A1 kit was no longer mine, and don't claim any future listings.

Come back here to post what happened and the whole thing is deleted. Obviously I'm out at this point and future stuff is not an issue. Hopefully someone else will have better luck. Just wanted to explain the situation with the seller. It's a shame too, I've sent him thousands of dollars. Not another one though.

If you guys tell me I'm being a baby, so be it, I'll go sit in the corner and look at the wall until I can learn to be nice, but this sure feels like falsified listings and crawfishing to me.

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:17
I wish I could link to first deleted listing, just to make sure I'm not nuts. I imagine that's why it was deleted though.

meltblown
April 11, 2018, 21:20
I wish I could link to first deleted listing, just to make sure I'm not nuts. I imagine that's why it was deleted though.

Yeah looking as well. It can be brought back

hkshooter
April 11, 2018, 21:20
Who was the seller?

308/223shooter
April 11, 2018, 21:22

Pm Gary, he can bring it back.

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:22
Yeah looking as well. It can be brought back

He relisted a modified ad after canning the first one. My quotes above were actual quotes.

I'm not whining about wanting the parts, that ship has sailed. Just sharing my grumpiness with group. As in, "Hi, my name is Dan."

dashaus
April 11, 2018, 21:26
I'm the guy - gave him back 100% of money immediately
he lost squat except his self respect ...
you come into this word with one thing your word
you break it all bets are off

OH Bring back the listing please

And please point what was included in sale

Argy lower bolt & carrier ready to head space to your rifle

what BARREL.....

All three serial #’s match
Lower is complete with Argy selector sw
Bolt & carrier ... basically ready to head space to
your rifle

what BARREL .....

Next time wait for pics before you commit

no shirt no shirt no service

Please stop texting and sending PM’s to me
Like I said don’t play that crap

I’m asking you again
Please don’t post in my threads/ strings / listings period

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:31
You pointed out in this pm what wasn't included in the sale:

"How goes it?
More stuff for me to come visit

On the Aussie may have missed a comma
Just to be clear Missing
Trigger
Trigger pin
Spring
Sear
Sear pin
Send PP or money order / check all good
Will get it packed up

Thanx for buying - spent 13k remodeling so
dug out stuff to generate funds"

That's a little different than the listing said.

Invictus77
April 11, 2018, 21:34
Trouble with seller.

I'm the guy

Both are gentlemen I respect and trust implicitly in the MP. I have done business with both and certainly will again, but can only surmise there was a misunderstanding rather than any true fuckery involved with this crash.

hkshooter
April 11, 2018, 21:35
Both are gentlemen I respect and trust implicitly in the MP. I have done business with both and certainly will again, but can only surmise there was a misunderstanding rather than any true fuckery involved with this crash.

Agreed, has to be a simple misunderstanding.

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:37
If someone has the power or know how to move this to the proper forum, please do so or advise.

yellowhand
April 11, 2018, 21:50
BOTH good folks, work it out in private!!!!

dashaus
April 11, 2018, 21:54
Delete this chicken poo post

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 21:55
The text chain:

Dashaus:
I'll send back the $500.

Dashaus:
Dan
I'm just going refund 100%
Would you please refrain from making offers on anything I list in the marketplace

Me:
You're not going to sell me the L1A1 kit?

Me:
Why?

Me:
How did we go from "no worries" to I'm not selling you anything and don't ever try to buy from me again?

Dashaus:
Short answer no
We are done you failed to complete the deal as it was advertised/renege back out
No barrel or any parts other than what was listed

So please refrain on any further offerings by my
No going to rant
Don't give a $#!^ life is too short
Always figured you for a stand guy sold you $$$$ ton of stuff
Sorry this did not work out someone else will buy it

Me:
I do give a $#!^. Barrel not mentioned as not included in a kit that's ready to be headspaced? You tell me no worries then crawfish on the other kit as well? I absolutely give a $#!^.

jollyrogerf14
April 11, 2018, 22:00
Don’t you dare move this
I offered a L1A1 sling for misrepresenting
The missing parts by not placing a comma

Grow a set of balls and delete the crap post
Baby

I still want to see where in the ad
I include a barrel any barrel

By not placing commas. Plural. And I still paid and took the misrepresentation as a loss. The Argy kit missing a barrel was what started the mess.

If you hadn't deleted it, you could see! I didn't delete it, you did. A "kit" that you "just unscrewed" that only includes a lower, bolt, and carrier? That's not a kit. That's besides the point though, YOU OFFERED TO REFUND IT and when I agreed, you crawfished on the rest of the deal Jon.

This thread can stay right here, I'm fine with that, but this isn't the right place for it.

lockjaw
April 11, 2018, 23:55
Advice?

Say, "f**k it and move. The commo was poor. The feces have been thrown. People have pink eye. It is what it is.

Is there anything more pressing to think about? Maybe finish one of those builds on the back burner..... or God forbid.... Go to the range and burn some ammo!

Have fun with the things you have control over, why stress over the things you do not?

Mandaree36
April 12, 2018, 00:42
As a long time lurker, member, reader and in general.....avoidant poster on the mother ship.

I can say BOTH of you are good lads. Not much either of you has posted, that I have not read. Yes, it is a shame this didnt work out, but why beat it to death men.

It is done, just walk away from it - knowing you are both respected members and there really isnt a need for either of you to further go at the other.

Shit happens men, life is short and one can never have enough RiFALs.

Just my two.

Frank

nwobhm
April 12, 2018, 03:50

Links to both:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426444

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426419