PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Daiwoo DR300

ByronF
June 26, 2002, 15:12
Saw a DR300 at the local gunshop the other day. Interesting looking piece in spite of the thumbhole stock. It had a muzzle device with no slots but had sort of a conical internal shape. Don't know what to make of it. Imported by Kimber of Oregon. The rifle was equipped with a scope mount that appeared to be made for the rifle. Came with two 10rd plastic mags that supposedly fit 7.62x39 AR type rifles.

1. What's this thing worth? Used, maybe 85% finish.

2. Are mags hard to find? Can you make 5.56 mags work by swapping out follower (I doubt it)

3. How do they compare with AK clones for under three bills?

Interested, but probably not enough to buy one. The guy was asking $600 for it.

Byron

shortround
June 26, 2002, 15:19
The Daewoo's, at least in 5.56, are regarded by many to be excelent rifles. I have the DR200, and with the ACE stock actually prefer it over some of my AR's. There are two basic problems with the DR300 however. One is the same as the 200 in that there are little or no spare parts to be had. The other is the same as with the 7.62 AR: Finding magazines, especially hi-caps, that feed well will be difficult. 5.56 mags will work with only a few rounds in the mag. If you are really loking for bang for your buck in 7.62, look at the AK type clones. For 600 clams you can get a SAR 1 and a lot of mags.

ByronF
June 26, 2002, 15:29
As I suspected. It might have been a viable choice had the mag ban never come along. I don't have an AK yet, can you believe it?

Byron