PDA

View Full Version : WTK - Type I & Type II Mass

worldskipper
June 23, 2002, 21:11
Does anyone know the difference in mass's between the type I and the type II cuts (type III for that matter)? Since there is no more WAC I'm trying to get a 'skinny' receiver to build a Light Wieght R1 and am trying to justify a type II from DSA or is the savings negligble?

thanks
Worldskipper

Falfegnügen
June 25, 2002, 23:13
Somewhere in the archives I posted this last year. Based on Imbel, Entreprise and DSA receivers. Try a search for receiver weight.

I believe there is little difference between type I and type II. All type III's are definitely heavier. Not only are there no lightening cuts on the outside, but the III's have no mud/sand cuts internally, and there are at least three other places internally that are lightened on the type I/II. However, the difference is still only a few ounces.

UPDATE - I'm bored, so here's the link to the thread:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16369&highlight=weight

And here's and excerpt of the pertinent highly scientific data:

Approximate Weight of bare FAL receivers:
Type-3 26.5 US ounces (no sand cuts)
Type-2 22.75 US ounces (with sand cuts)
Type-1 22.5 US ounces (with sand cuts)
L1A1 22.5 US ounces (with sand cuts)
1A Indian 21 to 24 US ounces (dependant upon the size of file used that day)

* All weights measured with a high-reliability, low-precision 1974 postal scale (the postal equivalent of the AK-47)

moses
June 25, 2002, 23:27
type 1's weigh the least just a teeny bit less than a type 2 and if I remember correctly type 3's are about 8 oz more

worldskipper
June 26, 2002, 08:39
Thanks guys, you've saved me at few bills. :D

Worldskipper