PDA

View Full Version : Should I grab an Aussie kit?

ncreptile
January 01, 2018, 13:00
Sarges has the Aussie l1a1 kits with a new US barrel. I know about the barrels and thats not the reason for this thread.

Am I going to regret not buying one of these kits now? Being rather new to FAL rifles these are the first aussie kits I've seen.

https://www.sargesmilitarysurplus.com/product/l1a1-aussie-fal/

Anyone that has one of these kits can confirm wood condition and if the parts are matching or not?

embatp
January 01, 2018, 13:58
I know nothing about these but I would expect non matching and beat up wood....I say hold out for a member here with original barrel...

Thorack
January 01, 2018, 14:03
Well,

The best deal in kits currently are Gun Plumbers Imbel kits. Like new factory barrels.

Thorack

ActionYobbo
January 01, 2018, 15:11
I have been looking at them for a really long time but every time I get the money together I end up finding a better deal on a matching kit with original barrel. There is a nice British kit on GB that I would get first if you want inch. I have been looking at that British kit but Christmas took all my fun money.

01BIRDDOG
January 01, 2018, 15:49
I would personally rather buy one here or a complete L1A1. That way it's kind of like you know the person. Can't lie here and get away with it not to say someone somewhere else would.

4markk
January 01, 2018, 15:53
They aint making anymore, nor are they gonna get any cheaper. If you want a inch pattern, get it.

My motto had always been, I grabbed what I could when I could, now the house smells like cosmoline.

ce
January 01, 2018, 17:22
Obviously, the solution here is to buy both kits.

meltblown
January 01, 2018, 17:34
It's not like you're spending a fortune on it. I know beans about SLRs as far as the desirability of the parts. But you'll probably get most of your money back if you get buyers remorse. FALs ain't cheap

paulo
January 01, 2018, 21:06
Keep looking here in the marketplace, they pop up from time to time.

G3isMe
January 01, 2018, 21:23
There are two numbers matching Aussie kits for sale on the market right now. If ever you want one now is not the time to waffle. You snooze you lose.

rbgonoles
January 01, 2018, 22:54
There are two numbers matching Aussie kits for sale on the market right now. If ever you want one now is not the time to waffle. You snooze you lose.

^^^^This

ncreptile
January 02, 2018, 09:38
Thanks guys, think I'll do that instead. :bow:

VAplinker
January 02, 2018, 13:06
https://i.imgur.com/GgOdZ7a.jpg