PDA

View Full Version : Century L1A1 local

jt59
December 28, 2017, 15:04
Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?

steveTA1983
December 28, 2017, 15:26
Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?

Seems to be a fair/average price if it's in good shape

Texas Jaguar
December 29, 2017, 04:13
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".

jt59
December 30, 2017, 11:00
I was thinking about getting it for my son. He said he would rather have money. He knows he will eventually inherit my FAL.

Grinch727
December 30, 2017, 19:33
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".

I had the same experience with Arms List in my area - Had a few ok deals but nothing epic....ton of BS post and flakes!