PDA

View Full Version : Century L1A1 local

jt59
December 28, 2017, 15:04
Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?

steveTA1983
December 28, 2017, 15:26
Local armslist century L1A1 with thumbhole stock for $550. If I can meet him at a safe location is this a good deal?

Seems to be a fair/average price if it's in good shape

D. Lehrman
December 28, 2017, 18:52
....and depending upon the receiver used in the build. Buy the Imbel or Argentine....if it's an Onyx or Imbel Gear Logo version, pay, slap yourself (to make sure you're awake)....and then RUN, RUN, RUN away laughing. Anything else...beware. Near the end of the thumbhole versions they also used Hesse and their own receivers on his molds. Stay away from those as anything less than a project of unknown expense....and you should know what you're doing somewhat even then.

Texas Jaguar
December 29, 2017, 04:13
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".

jt59
December 30, 2017, 11:00
I was thinking about getting it for my son. He said he would rather have money. He knows he will eventually inherit my FAL.

Grinch727
December 30, 2017, 19:33
Every item I've pursued on ARMSLIST was either a scam or failed to respond to my inquiries. I'd be very wary and particularly suspect of the origin of any "too good to be true" deals. A word to the wise should be sufficient. How's this sound. Tell the seller you have a LEO friend who will run the serial # for you. Just see what his reaction is to that idea. Then if he's cool about it just say "never mind".

I had the same experience with Arms List in my area - Had a few ok deals but nothing epic....ton of BS post and flakes!