View Full Version : parkerizing

June 22, 2002, 12:08
Hello: I have a stainless steel tank that has a threaded stainless steel coupler at the bottom. I do have a 1/2 inch female thead stainless steel ball valve and I want to install it to drain the solution into the container. my problem is that I have not been able to find a stainless steel reducer from 1/2 to 1/4 inch and also the closed ss. nipple. I do have them, but they are made out of brass. I'm worry about using brass, since they may be a posibility that the park soution in contact with brass may make a chemical reaction and damage or contaminate the solution. I need to know if it is safe for me to use the brass reducer and nipple or not. thanks for all your help.

June 22, 2002, 22:35
Why not use PVC instead?

June 22, 2002, 23:10
BRM 308 said: Why not use PVC instead?

Heat and too fragile!! Threaded PVC in small sizes is a pain.

Look in McMaster Carr catalog. Mine is out in the truck but e-mail me with exactly what you need and I will look it up for you and the phone number. They also have a web site. Great people, fast shipping and VAST inventory! Not always the cheapest but good value.

June 22, 2002, 23:30
Javi can look it up himself at http://www.mcmaster.com/

June 23, 2002, 00:18

If all else fails, send me an e-mail. I'll get it for you. :)

June 23, 2002, 00:28
hello: thanks for your help. I find out that the brass is a no-no.
I will check that big yellow catalog at work tomorrow. I went to the hardware store but they don't have anything threaded that small in plastic, so I have to go stainless steel. thank you all of you for your valuable help. best regards,