PDA

View Full Version : Need BGS Model "a" photo

Abominog
December 27, 2017, 10:21
Hi gang,

I'm getting closer to finishing the new FAL book (five years in the making) and need one more photo:

BGS model "a" with non-BPC barrel and wood furniture.
Left side, whole rifle, with mag inserted
White background, preferably taken w/o flash and under cloud (no shadows)

I see that a few model "a" have been reproduced, if somebody would be kind enough to offer to get this photo, please post here for me!

Thanks!

hkshooter
December 27, 2017, 11:24
I was originally going to help you with this when my project started. As it ended up my rifle was built with a BPC barrel so no bueno. Wish I could help, good luck. I know you'll get what you need here.

FOBColorado
December 27, 2017, 11:33
I'm kind of new here and hadn't heard about this book. What will availability be like? I'm kind of a book fiend.

TIA

Invictus77
December 27, 2017, 11:42
my rifle was built with a BPC barrel so no bueno.

BPC to NBPC would be a pretty simple Photoshop exercise as a last resort.

Sudden Death
December 28, 2017, 09:39
I'm waiting on a hot blue for my BGS Model A clone. I'll shoot you a photo if you still need it when rifle is returned.

Yes, most Model A's will have the lugged barrel although I've seen some with the barrel chopped most likely due to failed BFH that peeled.

This is an original BGS photo circa 1955 depicting a Model A with the lugged barrel. Of the hundreds of original photos that I have, all have a lugged barrel or were shortened from peeled FHs.

SD

https://i.imgur.com/1az0MVV.jpg

Abominog
December 28, 2017, 09:46
BTT.

SD, when do you expect yours back?

In the mean time, if somebody has a model a clone and can get me the photo, that would be great!

Flypaper
December 28, 2017, 09:52
I have an excellent one showing up in a week or two. Serial number 324... freshly hot blued.

I can get you some pictures when it shows up. I also want to talk to you about something else.

Sudden Death
December 28, 2017, 10:06
BTT.

SD, when do you expect yours back?

In the mean time, if somebody has a model a clone and can get me the photo, that would be great!

Looks like Dean will have his rifle sooner than mine and his will also have correct pinned lower with the early serial#. Love to see the photos Dean.

Good luck with your book!

SD

davesrb
December 28, 2017, 12:08
I had hoped to have #651 built by now, but have been busy with other projects and haven't worked on a FAL in too long! I need to get some of these built....I have 15 kits ready for refinishing and assembly whenever I can carve out some time.

Dean, I can't wait to see yours! I didn't know anyone had found a lower serial number than mine.

Dave

Flypaper
December 28, 2017, 12:25
I had hoped to have #651 built by now, but have been busy with other projects and haven't worked on a FAL in too long! I need to get some of these built....I have 15 kits ready for refinishing and assembly whenever I can carve out some time.

Dean, I can't wait to see yours! I didn't know anyone had found a lower serial number than mine.

Dave

I got lucky to find this on the MP last summer.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416078

davesrb
December 28, 2017, 12:33
I got lucky to find this on the MP last summer.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416078

Nice! Wish the pictures were still up...