PDA

View Full Version : Question on SRT Short reset trigger

Fleabus
December 26, 2017, 23:39
I was thinking about installing a short
reset trigger kit in my P220.
They seem to be outa stock in the usual places so hunting for an in stock supplier.
Have any of you Sig guys done this mod to your Sig
and could share difficulty and your results if it is worth
the change to do it.
I've read and watched SRT videos and reviews most being positive.
Your thoughts and experiences appreciated.
Best..

meltblown
December 27, 2017, 07:53
Installed one on a P239. Before was having to release the trigger too far for my liking. Installed and much better as the recoil now moves it enough to reset also it helped the take up immensely. Watched a video and probably took about 45 minutes. I don't remember any of the sequence to require any extraordinary tools or skills. It's basically 2 pieces that are replaced IIRC

pat701
December 30, 2017, 11:00
I have at SRT in my P226 Legion. I like it very much for range work. I am not a handy person at all, i would never attempt to install it myself. I have out smarted myself way to many time in my life.:wink:

fuel fire desire
December 30, 2017, 12:52
I haven’t installed one, but I did have a custom shop 229 elite with the SRT. Hands down THE BEST DA/SA trigger I have felt. On anything. Smooth linear DA, and a SA who’s reset and break are almost 1911 short and crisp.

I doubt I’d ever own another Sig without an SRT in it.

DK
December 31, 2017, 19:49
First time I did one it took about 30 minutes. Got the hang of it and have done several. Takes me about 10 minutes now. I HIGHLY recommend the conversion. Really improves my shooting.

DK

meltblown
January 04, 2018, 18:39
Also. A lighter hammer spring helps with the DA pull. Install one while you have it down. Takes a couple of minutes