PDA

View Full Version : Coonan or Imbel?

Orion the Hunter
December 25, 2017, 13:18
I am near completion of gathering parts for a G1. I was planning on sacrificing one of my IMBEL Receivers for the task, only to just now discover that Coonan makes a custom G1 Receiver that can be personally serialized (based on number availability) and has similar G1 markings etc.

Looks like this offer ends on 12/31/17.

I have heard mixed opinions on Coonan? It would be cool 😎 to have a Receiver that sort of matches....I must admit.

Looks like I must make a decision in a few days...crap.

Any thoughts or opinions here?

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

Capt D
December 25, 2017, 13:24
Imbel

Invictus77
December 25, 2017, 13:26
Send me a link to the Coonan you want and I will buy it for you.

Send me the stray Imbel :)

Merry Christmas

hkshooter
December 25, 2017, 13:39
I'm no fan of Coonan. The only thing they have going for them is mostly correct markings and custom numbers. All else is a compromise on appearance, especially the ugly gap in front of the carrier. Many folks don't care about the gap but it bugs me.
Your IMBEL will most likely build trouble free. The Coonan, maybe. Probably.
Your IMBEL will always be worth more money than the Coonan.
Your IMBEL was made by people who made FALs.
Coonan has declared, for the most part, there is no warranty on out of spec receivers.
I vote IMBEL over Coonan. Only exception will be to IMBEL would be DSA T1, DS prefix serial. Prime would be Grayslake.

Good luck with your decision.

4markk
December 25, 2017, 14:44
I've had good luck with Coonan, but there is enough evidence posted here to be concerned.

With that said, I have three on order because the custom serial number and markings mean something to me and I'm willing to take a chance that it will work out.

If the markings and custom serial number are something you want, than you only have a few days to order before they stop taking orders on those.

mp
December 25, 2017, 15:19
Just ordered my last batch of custom Coonans. They will take orders through 12/29/2017 and then no more custom receivers.

Orion the Hunter
December 25, 2017, 15:35
Sounds like Sticking with the Imbel is the way to go. I guess I still have a couple days to decide though...ugh

meltblown
December 25, 2017, 15:53
If you could find a real DSA LMT Type 1 would be preferential. Just to muddy the water a little.