PDA

View Full Version : Did styer ever build and sell para barrels???

pureveggie
December 25, 2017, 08:54
Hi fal community!! Happy holidays!! My ques today is: did styer ever build true para barrels ?? I've heard both yes and no???!! I've also heard that dsa arms had some real ones for sale a few yrs back?!?! Anyone know ?? Thanks fal guy

nwobhm
December 25, 2017, 09:12
If you are asking about the Steyr StG-58 the answer is no.

There were also Steyr commercial rifles imported to the US. Not sure if any of those were 50.63.

DSA sourced parts from everywhere. They did have legit para barrels many years ago but I don't recall which contractor they were sourced from. Probably Imbel.

yovinny
December 26, 2017, 14:02
If you are asking about the Steyr StG-58 the answer is no.

There were also Steyr commercial rifles imported to the US. Not sure if any of those were 50.63.

DSA sourced parts from everywhere. They did have legit para barrels many years ago but I don't recall which contractor they were sourced from. Probably Imbel.

I dont recall dsa ever having 'legit' para barrels,,, though dealers warehouse had legit NOS Imbel para barrels and part kits..
Did dsa have the same ??

J. Armstrong
December 26, 2017, 15:57
First, Steyr never made any para or folding stock FALs. Secondly, they never made any short or carbine barrels.

fal fiend
December 26, 2017, 17:42
DSA cut down some stg barrels to 16 1/4 inches. i had a few.

Lee Carpentieri
December 27, 2017, 00:44
DSA purchased a bunch of Belgium 458mm Para Barrels from Argentina back around 1997 and was selling them back then. I bought 12 of them back then. They were Belgium made with Argentine proof stamps of acceptance on the barrel Flat. They bought all sorts of stuff from the Argentine's back in the day. My first DSA was a standard lower with a Argentine 436mm barrel. Still have it and it will hit a 6 inch gong at 200 yards.

4x401
December 27, 2017, 00:54
First, Steyr never made any para or folding stock FALs. Secondly, they never made any short or carbine barrels.

The factual, definative answer to Cucumbers question. :wink:

nwobhm
December 27, 2017, 04:41
http://www.fnfal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3977070