PDA

View Full Version : L1A1 mural

C2A1
December 12, 2017, 17:42
At the Pentagon on the second floor down the hallway near the A800 offices is a wall mural honoring the Aussies and Kiwis in Vietnam. Great picture of Aussie troops crossing a river carrying L1A1s. Very clear picture measures 12 ft high X 25 (maybe more) long.

Thorack
December 12, 2017, 19:33
Yeah,

Ive seen it several times but have never had time to stop as Im usually running late for a meeting or my coworkers that have the car keys need to get home. You could spend hours in the Pentagon its almost a damn museum.

Thorack

denny
December 12, 2017, 20:13
too bad the serfs will never get a chance to see any of it.
D.

sturmgrenadiere
December 13, 2017, 13:21
...and a minty Aussie L1A1 in the glass case in that corridor's display, along with other weapons... I keep meaning to write it's serial number down to check its background.

denny, it is a public building and they give tours. You can't get access into the work spaces, per say (not good for the general public to see all the sadness), but if you take a trip to DC: https://pentagontours.osd.mil/Tours/tour-selection.jsp

Thorack
December 13, 2017, 20:43
Yeah,

I'm pretty sure that rifle is an AD62 IIRC. Tried to stop and take a photo but thought better of it and put my phone back in my pocket. Two 3 Stars walking down the hall kinda eye balled me.

Maybe next time

Thorack

Invictus77
December 13, 2017, 21:19
Tried to stop and take a photo but thought better of it and put my phone back in my pocket.

:worthless:

def90
December 13, 2017, 23:50
:worthless:

+1..

There has to be a pic out there online somewhere..