PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio FALers

Bandit
June 21, 2002, 15:36
I've been in contact with one other FALer in San Antonio... Are there any others?

Rick

skfullgun
June 21, 2002, 23:02
I'm not in San Antonio, but I do go to Lackland AFB for AF reserve duty frequently! And, I have parents-in-law in La Vernia. If you're planning a function...I could be there!

BTW...I live in Houston.

Hootbro
June 22, 2002, 00:43
Originally posted by Bandit
I've been in contact with one other FALer in San Antonio... Are there any others?

Rick

Got one right here. Live just off of Judson Road. :D

Hootbro

CactusCapt
June 22, 2002, 10:01
Originally posted by Bandit

Rick

Howdy!!! Here's another one--live just north of Leon Springs off I-10. No FAL yet but the parts are starting to take up space...

Bob

FN-TEXAS
June 22, 2002, 11:00
Another FALer, off Prue Road.

Bandit
June 22, 2002, 13:06
Super!! I live/work on Brooks AFB. As some of you might know, I'm building my first FAL, an Izzy clone...

Rick

Bandit
June 23, 2002, 15:32
Where do you guys shoot at? I mainly shoot at Blackhawk Range, occasionally The Bullet Hole. Years ago, I frequented Bracken Range when I was living/stationed at Randolph AFB. Maybe one of these days after I finish my Izzy Clone (and it cools off some)we can get together for an informal shoot/get-together?

Rick

Hootbro
June 23, 2002, 22:10
Where do you guys shoot at?

I do about 90% of my range time at Bracken due to it being close to me and a few times at " A place to shoot" on the south side by the Police academy.

An informal get together sounds cool to me. :D

Hootbro

FN-TEXAS
June 24, 2002, 13:27
Spent most of my time TDY lately, used to occasionaly shoot at "The BulletHole" but mostly on a buddies ranch. Need to get more practice in, but my friend has passed on. Be great to
shoot together when it cools down some.

Master Blaster
June 24, 2002, 13:43
North Central area here! I shoot at Cedar Ridge which is North of SA off 281. It is a great range and is not frequented by the miscreants too often seen at some of the others.:D

gsmart
June 24, 2002, 13:50
Might as well sign in too! Northside/Medical Center area

Texas Jack
June 24, 2002, 14:09
Here's another - Lockhart (183 south of Austin)

chuckhunt
June 25, 2002, 14:14
Add another,off Evers/Bandera in NW.Have DSA/Argi carbine
and Para and most building tools except Park capabilities.
Shoot at Blackhawk as its free to take strife & son.
Greatly enjoy building and would be willing to assist any
first-timers. Chuck Hunt (seahunt) chuckhunt@hotmail.com

symtex
June 25, 2002, 16:16
I shoot mainly at Blackhawk. Live about 10 minutes from Bracken though. Bracken will not allow rapid fire. I do shoot at the Bullet Hole once in a while as well. We all need to ban together guys and gp shoot on day. Im free to shoot Sundays....

Bandit
June 25, 2002, 16:55
I'm a Sunday shooter also, and flexible to "Where" the get-together is held. Hell. I'm even flexible on the day for that matter!! :D If there's enough interest, I can post a "mini poll" over on the Meetings and Events Forum (Where this thread should probly move to now) to gather info on range preference. Then we can get a concensus on a date/time that's convenient for as many as possible. Any thoughts??

Let me know!!

Rick

raeldridge
June 25, 2002, 17:42
absolutely irrelevant, but I was there at Lackland this last weekend for a senior NCO class. Flew in Friday, left Sunday evening.

Went down to RiverWalk on Saturday evening, still not over the whiplash caused by girl watching. I envy the single guys and pity the married ones there. /grin/

troubleshooter
June 26, 2002, 12:27
another one off judson.. no fals as of yet.. got a few c&r.and a few semis.. still dreaming of a fal.i shoot at bracken, and bullet hole also never been to blackhawk as of yet .but willing meet for a shoot..

symtex
June 26, 2002, 12:38
Well lets set a date. Blackhawk has the space where we can all meet and shoot side by side and not have problems with rapid fire. If you go bring a ice chest with some soda. It gets hot.

Bandit
June 26, 2002, 13:23
Originally posted by symtex
Well lets set a date. Blackhawk has the space where we can all meet and shoot side by side and not have problems with rapid fire. If you go bring a ice chest with some soda. It gets hot.

Roger the "get's hot" part. I second the Blackhawk location. To me it would be the ideal place for a get together due to space and facilities. Being pretty much an open range would make it more fun with less hassles. Not to mention the owners/employees are "good people" IMO.

Though my project won't be done for a couple more weeks or so from now (I order the rest of the parts/tools next week), I could hang by bringing my pistols to shoot if ya'll decide on a more recent date than I'll have the FAL completed. Or do we want to wait for the weather to get a little cooler?

Rick

Texas Jack
June 26, 2002, 15:07
Have ya'll seen the "Austin FALer's" post? You know, SA and A aren't that far apart.... could have a heck of a shindig if we all got together between the two... waddaya think about that?

Bandit
June 26, 2002, 22:03
I thought about that too... sounds good to me also..

Rick

Tex
June 26, 2002, 23:15
Here y'all go!:)
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tx-fnfal/

symtex
June 27, 2002, 21:42
:) Just didnt like seeing the POST so far down the list. I plan on being at Blackhawk this Sunday at around 2 till 6ish. Have your FAL there and I will see you. If not im the one with a gun.:D

Bandit
June 27, 2002, 23:54
I have to take a rain check on this Sunday, as I have a promotion party to attend (Finally)!!! :D See ya next Sunday (The 7th)?

Rick

t1eyer
July 12, 2002, 17:06
I'm in Schertz. Like Master Blaster, I shoot at Cedar Creek. Built 7 FAL's and have the tools. This post should be moved to the meetings forum. Somebody setup a shoot... anyone, anyone???

symtex
July 12, 2002, 22:37
Hey im your neighbor, im in Selma. Just set a day. Im going to Blackhawk tomorrow.