PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Para Carriers available soon from DSA!!!

FN74
June 21, 2002, 09:12
Backordered mine on wed. $69.95

Reconditioned unit, guy said they were at the heat treatment place now, expected shipment in one week.

Better deal than grails IMHO.

Edit: in June i thought they were a better deal - until it turns out they have NONE.... I'll go with grails carrier.

L/FN
June 21, 2002, 13:10
DJH, just called DSA to order some carriers and the sales lady said they don't have any ( reconditioned) carriers???
She said all they WILL have is their new, mfg carriers for $ 69.95 and she won't give anymore dates on when they will be available.

I didn't ask to talk to anybody behind the scene. Did you get some inside info?
Knowing you like I do, there is NO WAY I would think you were putting us on or BS'ing.
Maybe DSA doesn't like my $$$ after 8 years of business??

Larry aka L/FN

FN74
June 21, 2002, 14:41
L/FN,

Nope, I'm no BSer, you know that. lol. ;)
Ask to speak with Jeff, and order from him. They may have changed their position to keep the call volume down....

I happened to see it listed, so I figured I'd ask and he said about a week, so I said hell yeah.....

I told him they should post something here, and he said "shhhhhh"....lol.

I said I'd wait for a day or two, but hell, we all need to be in on this deal.... :D

the ad reads "P033 Para Carrier, Reconditioned $69.95 " on their website.

http://www.dsarms.com/catalog-list.cfm?Category=07&Subcat=Upper%20Receiver%20Related%20Parts&storeid=1

L/FN
June 21, 2002, 23:34
Thanks DJH. Will call Mon as I got back home too late today.

Larry

Grail
October 21, 2002, 15:41
They have been advertising those for over a year and I have tried to order one several times before I set out to make them myself.

I spoke with Dave today and I am going to send him some samples of my carriers and submit a bid on a contract to produce them.He says that they are such a low volume item that if he ran enough of them to make it worth tooling up his big operation for them that he would have to sit on hundreds of them like he did last time.

He said it took him 6 years to sell 1000 carriers?

BTW:

Dave said that Imbel and Zimbabwe carriers suck and that when I send him my sample he will compare it to his original Herstal print for comparison and tell me if I need to make any changes(I'll bet that I don't have to change a thing:)).

Imbel carriers are Cast and Zimbabwe carriers are junk steel

Regards

Grail

auctioneer
October 21, 2002, 21:46
DSA had several para carriers at Knob Creek, but they looked terrible. priced at 59.00 or 69.00.

FWRA
October 21, 2002, 22:06
Grail said---

Dave said that Imbel and Zimbabwe carriers suck and that when I send him my sample he will compare it to his original Herstal print......

Grail,
I wish you the best in your para carrier venture and I'm sure yours is going to work out just fine. You are to be congratulated for sticking in there when things got sticky awhile back.

BUT, that statement you made concerning Dave's comment about "Imbel carriers suck" was unnecessary. (if true it was at the very least arrogance on his part to make that statement. Imbel carriers have been torture tested in battle and even if they are cast I've never once heard of one breaking.)

IMHO, better to just let your carrier stand on its own merits. Afterall, a great carrier is a great carrier and especially one made in the good old USA! Hang in there and keep making and delivering para carriers. They WILL buy. :)

:bow:

Mark Powell

Grail
October 22, 2002, 02:13
Originally posted by FWRA
Grail said---

Grail,
I wish you the best in your para carrier venture and I'm sure yours is going to work out just fine. You are to be congratulated for sticking in there when things got sticky awhile back.

BUT, that statement you made concerning Dave's comment about "Imbel carriers suck" was unnecessary. (if true it was at the very least arrogance on his part to make that statement. Imbel carriers have been torture tested in battle and even if they are cast I've never once heard of one breaking.)

IMHO, better to just let your carrier stand on its own merits. Afterall, a great carrier is a great carrier and especially one made in the good old USA! Hang in there and keep making and delivering para carriers. They WILL buy. :)

:bow:

Mark Powell

I was as surprised to hear that as anyone here and so exited at the prospect that Belgium,Argentina and your's truly were the only manufacturers of billet paratrooper bolt carriers on this planet that I could not contain myself!I had thought that my Imbel carrier looked as though it had been ground like a casting and hearing it from the principal manufacturing expert that this was so,was a huge revelation to me.Besides a glimpse at the current status of FAL production around the world I learned that FN is still sourcing spares for the Para and using subcontractors to produce those parts.I believe that Bernardelli is one of those subcontractors since I was contacted by them in regards to purchasing a batch of paratrooper bolt carriers but they wanted to do it by purchase order and in a time frame that I was not able to meet and then nothing else came of it.

I believe that my carriers will stand on their own merits but when I see my status and manufacturing techniques are superior to all but one of the gigantic manufacturers and possibly comparable to what Herstal is currently selling as "spares" my enthusiasm gets the best of me:D

Sorry

FN74
October 22, 2002, 08:24
I have since cancelled my order in favor of Grail's para carriers....

Just have to scrape enough cash together now....

kev
October 22, 2002, 19:28
Dave at DSA arrogant? Nah, no way. Not even a little bit. Well,....maybe just a little. :wink:

FWRA
October 22, 2002, 23:49
Originally posted by kev
Dave at DSA arrogant? Nah, no way. Not even a little bit. Well,....maybe just a little. :wink:

Heh,heh! I was being kind.

They should all be like Dan Tobin or Jerry at Recon Ordnance.