View Full Version : Inch receiver

November 25, 2017, 22:15

Might be a dumb question but with Coonan stopping inch receivers Dec 31, 2017 and DSA not making any, where do we get a good inch receiver at? I know the MP here maybe. And sometimes I see a CAI imbel cut for inch mags every now and then but are those kosher? Especially for a really nice brit kit? Doesn't feel right putting an imbel or metric receiver on a brit kit. Hmmmm. Ideas, thoughts, flames from the rogues gallery?

November 25, 2017, 22:39
If you want a inch receiver, buy it while you can. And stuff funds away for when you get really lucky to score a early DSA or Buena Park.

November 25, 2017, 23:16
Gonna try and get the cash but I just spent a buttload on barn wood, tires for the 3500 and a new kit..lol, and Christmas is coming fast...ohhh wait, my Christmas gift from the wife.......might be a call to coonan. ..good idea

November 26, 2017, 00:02
Any opinions on the imbel inch cut?

November 26, 2017, 00:54
Imbel inch receivers are OK, if you can find one

November 26, 2017, 08:41
Any opinions on the imbel inch cut?

Perfectly acceptable, even preferable, in my humble opinion.

Timber Wolf
November 26, 2017, 09:24
Hmm, so you saying that William's Aluminum Inch receiver taking up space in my safe is finally going to be valuable?:wink:

November 26, 2017, 10:11
As suggested, use an Imbel inch cut. Gunplumber had one for sale that he had done the exterior lightning cuts on not to long ago. Contact him and see if he still has it if you want it to look like a Brit receiver. 5 of the 7 L1 clones I have are on Imbel uppers. Three with metric, two with inch cut magwells. By using Imbel, you won't have to worry about the issues that both DSA & DCI are known to have.