PDA

View Full Version : pics of my G-1 kit and a question about my lower.

vegeta
June 20, 2002, 19:34
ok I have cleaned it all up and even finished re finishing my wood furniture so I thought I would share some pics.
also in the first pic is my lower receiver with some battering wear on the rear around tho hole the rat tail for the bolt goes. is that useable or just cosmetic damage?

vegeta
June 20, 2002, 19:37
heres the barrel assmbly

vegeta
June 20, 2002, 19:40
here is the bore I got on my kit

vegeta
June 20, 2002, 19:42
and these last two are the wood.

vegeta
June 20, 2002, 19:43
and the butt-stock

Snakeshot
June 20, 2002, 20:05
Those dings on the lower come from the hammer spring thingy getting popped out without a hand to cover it.

Looks like your parts spent more time in training than actual fire.

Seth Livzz
June 21, 2002, 06:36
Don't worry about the dings in the lower. All of them are like that to a certain degree.

Where'd you buy the kit? I'm guessing DSA, definitely not Tapco (no offense Buddie).

Doubleought
June 21, 2002, 07:27
Looks like rough rat tail sex! :eek:

mountain man
June 21, 2002, 10:25
Mine looks almost exactly like that. I thought it might have been from dirt and stuff getting behind the bolt carrier in the field. World's quickest nutcracker- just slide off the dust cover, insert nut behind bolt carrier, and fire.:)

vegeta
June 21, 2002, 19:50
the Kit was a handpick from TAPCO!
after hearing how rough some of the kits were I was pleasantly surprised with its condition.
hey snakeshot, did you get my last e-mail concerning doing the blasting and parking of the parts sun?
if not then I will just fill you in here:
sun would be fine for me if it is for you guys. I have to go in for a kidney stone operation fri so next weekend may be a bad time for me hehehe. if you guys wanna get together this sun lemme know and I will bring the parts and the mauser for ya.
I will need directions to find y'all or an address would do I can find a map with mapquest.

Greywuuf
June 22, 2002, 00:35
are you sure on the cause of those marks ?
mine look like that as well. judging by the deformation of the rat tail hole I would have guessed they are from trying to close the action with the muzzle pointed slightly up ( done it myself) and alowing the rat tail to contact something other than the hole ( I know sounds like a personal problem ) but whatever the cause I can't see as wehre it will hurt anything .